• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H. 3003

armyman29340

imported post

The person you need to call and raise cain at is Rep. Harrison from Anderson SC. He is the "Republican" Cmn. of the State House Judiciary Committee. I know the bill doesn't meet Open Carry's standards, and they're right in that. But if we can get this bill passed, or at least out of committee, we have a fighting chance to get Open Carry right in this state. We could have a better bill, but right now we have NOTHING.

Please, call this Representative. He can get things moving, and if we get Open Carry, we can fix the rest. Trust me, I WILL NOT GIVE UP till it's right. I make this pledge to you all.

Our People are being shot and killed wholesale in this state. We are being murdered.

Just this week, there was ANOTHER triple homicide here in Charokee County. A man, woman, and a 15 year old girl. There were CHILDREN sleeping in the other room, who woke the next moring to find their mother and her boyfriend shot to death.

Guys, we need help in SC. All the help we can get. Please, call this guy till he listens.

1 803 734 3120

hp-hobo

imported post

H.3003 is a bad law because of the things it takes away in the process of allowing open carry. It's always easier to fixaproposedbill before it becomes law, and it's better to shoot down a bad bill than to pass it and cross your fingers it'll get fixed.

Maybe you think Obamacare will be fixed now that it's law as well. :quirky

A poorly written open carry law would have essentially zero affect in the triple murder in Cowpens. These people were in their home, where they can already lawfully open carry if they so choose. Maybe more to the point, most people recognize that a shotgun is a superior home defense weapon, and your precious open carry bill doesn't affect shotguns in any way.

If you're going to cite an example of why we should have open carry (which we absolutely should), find one where not being able to open carry may have made a difference in the outcome. This example fails to do that.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/04/19/1251446/sc-man-faces-murder-charges-of.html

armyman29340

imported post

Sorry friend, you cited two VERY bad examples: Obamacare is unconstitutional, with the Federal Government exercising authority that they do not posess. With between 50 and 70 percent of the population screaming for them not to do it.

No comparison to open carry.

Second, for an example where open carry WOULD have made a difference...try a Taxi Driver being shot in the head while on the job.

Me.

Third, while fixing a bad law IS harder than fixing a bad bill, you may notice that what I'm trying to do is get the bad BILL out of committee before it dies, where it can be DEBATED, and then FIXED... BEFORE passage.

Now, what I asked for was for people to call and show interest.

No interest = no open carry in this State.

People are dieing here in large numbers. There are sgooting here ecery night, every day, all the time. MANY of these could be prevented with open carry. What do we have now?

A CCW law that is helping none at all.

Yes, call. Yes express whats wrong with the current bill. But call...or in this State, get body armor.

dadpharm

imported post

While OC is important, I believe restaurant carry is more important. Lets call and write our reps about this also