• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Depot

22-250

imported post

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to complete The Home Depot
Customer Satisfaction Survey.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

In reference to your email, we would like to inform you that The Home
Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to carry
firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

We look forward to your continued patronage and assisting you with all
of your home improvement needs.

Sincerely,

Kanchan
Customer Care Research Team

Jblack44

imported post

gotcha...Did you check out the OC friendly Corp policy thread??? Just so your not doubling your effort on places that have already stated their position on OC

22-250

imported post

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
To:
warchild44spcl@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Other Website Questions

Dear Jerry,
The Home Depot Customer Care is in receipt of your email. We appreciate you taking the time to email us. Our general policy is not to ban customers from carrying firearms on the Home Depot property in those states having a concealed firearm law, provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.
If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), it is up to the manager based on personal comfort level to approach the individual directly and request them to leave the premises or to contact local law enforcement for purposes of having the individual removed. Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Ricky
Customer Care

OR the reply I got, which is it...Hum..

22-250

imported post

I hate Lowes however this could change that if you say there cool with OC.

My first response was them telling me to contact the local Manager. I replied back asking if the local manger was authorized to speak for and on corporate police, they did not answer so I pushed the issue and got the response above..

Jblack44

imported post

hmmmm.. I've OC'd at least a half dozen times at the Canton store. Never had any issues.

Did you specifically ask in regards to Open Carry??

22-250

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
hmmmm.. I've OC'd at least a half dozen times at the Canton store. Never had any issues.

Yep... Comments: Hello, I would like to know your position on the legal open
carrying of firearms in your stores?

thanks

WARCHILD

imported post

I have never had a problem with home depot in Owosso, (initiated by them anyways), I have a friend who works there and is also a cpl holder. He has kept me informed of "special" meetings the managers have had in regards to growing popularity of oc'ing.
Last year discussion was made at the higher level to possibly follow walmart's store by store policy. I have not heard of any action or follow up on this issue.
I am in home depot at least twice a week and have had no problems at all.

JMO

ETA: The above response I got from home depot was amended to comply with following state law. They were misinformed by the new Mich cpl law "it must be concealed" was proven incorrect. I lost the email when my 'puter crashed so I couldn't post the updated response.

coderdude

imported post

22-250 wrote:
Jblack44 wrote:

thanks
This is my opinion only, but I think sending a letter to every company before anything is done by that company to restrict your rights is dangerous. Just know that it is legal to OC in Michigan and the worse thing that SHOULD happen if a place does not want you to OC there is that they ask you to leave (or call police to ask you to leave, lol :(). Once they ask you to leave, just leave. It is not a crime. You will not go to jail, UNLESS you don't leave when asked.

In general, most places and people just don't care or even notice to be honest.

22-250

imported post

coderdude wrote:
22-250 wrote:
Jblack44 wrote:

thanks

Perhaps let sleeping dogs lie..
This is my opinion only, but I think sending a letter to every company before anything is done by that company to restrict your rights is dangerous. Just know that it is legal to OC in Michigan and the worse thing that SHOULD happen if a place does not want you to OC there is that they ask you to leave (or call police to ask you to leave, lol :(). Once they ask you to leave, just leave. It is not a crime. You will not go to jail, UNLESS you don't leave when asked.

In general, most places and people just don't care or even notice to be honest.

Bronson

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
The above response I got from home depot was amended to comply with following state law. They were misinformed by the new Mich cpl law "it must be concealed" was proven incorrect. I lost the email when my 'puter crashed so I couldn't post the updated response.

Not to mention that it is two years old and there has been a LOT of exposure aboutOC being legal during that time.

Bronson