• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Louisburg/Miami County

xjakex

imported post

Anyone have any info or know where I can get a hold of solid info for OCing in Louisburg? I've done quite a bit of researching but I keep coming up with nothing.

Thanks,

Jake

marine0300

imported post

xjakex,

It might take a few weeks for someone to anwsera thread. Please don't be impatient. People may not know how to answer your question.

Go to the city clerks office ask for all the city ordinances that deal with weapons and firearms. Don't tellthem your wanting to know about open carry, they have not a clue and are not lawyers. Also go to the county clerks office.

If you find nothing that says open carry is illegal then it's legal because state open carry law http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum24/29696.htmlwould rule the day.

You owe it to this site to report your findings. Please scan the documents and post to this thread. We all can benefit from your information. I could find nothing online for Louisburg.

thanks for being an open carrier,

Marine0300

xjakex

imported post

I apologize for being rude, that wasn't my intention at all. It was meant to be a thread bump, with an irritated face (not at the site, but because I'm having so much trouble locating info.)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

marine0300

imported post

xjakex,

Thank you for the post. I can't wait to see what you find. In Kansas each city & county regulate OC so everyplace has a different twist on their ordinances.

What you find will help a lot of people.

I really appreciate your effort!

Have a great weekend

Marine 0300

Glock17

imported post

marine0300 wrote:
xjakex,

Thank you for the post. I can't wait to see what you find. In Kansas each city & county regulate OC so everyplace has a different twist on their ordinances.

What you find will help a lot of people.

I really appreciate your effort!

Have a great weekend

Marine 0300
When I was helping my mom with her business in Osawatomie I would open carry sometimes. I don't think I ever came in contact with Miami County officers. We actually had a LEO come into our store one time and he was an undercover officer. Seemed really nice. Thats off subject. I didn't have any problems in Osawatomie but might be different in your neck of the woods. Might want to just call your local pd and sherrif. I called the police here in Lakewood a week ago. They were very nice and answered all my questions. Cheers

SixGunCowboy

I have just recently found out that Louisburg, KS. does allow "open carry."Visiting a gun show down here, I asked on the subject and the cops say they're 99.9% sure that it is legal to "open carry" out here.