• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wall Street Journal poll on open carry - keep hitting it! **And fwd the link**

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, I DO NOT support "Open Carry" laws.
Laws in this country are supposed to prohibit a person or entity from doing something not allow you to do something.
What I support is the lack of laws prohibiting the carry of guns in any manner.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The poll has been pulled from the news page. It may be accessible from somewhere but not from the article link URL posted.

It's still there, I just voted.

Yes 63.8% No 36.2%

Riana

imported post

It's there - just hard to find (I had to look twice). It's on the left, about 1.3 of the way down - between the picture and the video link.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Riana wrote:
It's there - just hard to find (I had to look twice). It's on the left, about 1.3 of the way down - between the picture and the video link.
Verrrrrrrrrrryyyyy interesting. I have nothing between the picture and the video link. Maybe I'll try in another browser, though that *shouldn't* make a difference.

architect

imported post

It is pretty clear to me that the intention of the question is that a "yes" response indicates that one favors laws that restrict open carry. It is also clear that the WSJ will (re)interpret the question so as to fit their agenda either way the vote goes. I'm staying clear of this one.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can understand the confusion over the wording, as there is no 'open carry law,' there is the lack of a law preventing it; as it should be.

It was written with the intent of implying that the law gives us permission, which is not so. It's statist mind conditioning. Subtle, but effective. Presumption begets assumption.