• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wall Street Journal poll on open carry - keep hitting it! **And fwd the link**

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704508904575192162324152350.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_5

SNIP

Do you support open-carry handgun laws?

Members of gun-rights groups such as Opencarry.org are dedicated to openly carrying handguns in public in the 43 states where doing so is legal. Many in the gun-rights community are critical of the National Rifle Association for not being aggressive enough in enforcing this right.

What do you think? Should weapons be openly displayed if desired by gun-owners?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Seems not to be working. 'Won't show results. Maybe the results they got weren't the ones expected.

AZkopper

imported post

OPEN CARRY

Yes-660 votes, 62.6%

No-394 voter, 37.4%

Considering that it always seems that 30% of the population votes dem, thinks the O is doing a great job, supports the HC bill, and thinks the country is headed in the right direction, this is probably correct. 30% dem, 70% American.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Well.....Just what is the exact meaning? Do I support open carry laws? No. Is yes a good answer....or no?

I support NO laws. How should that one be answered? I haven't voted yet. :shock:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Tricky question, I put yes I think that is the proper answer. But looking at that question what kind of laws? Bans? Restrictions? Technically I would say no, but I support the right to do so.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nearly 2 to 1 for open carry of firearms. The question is: "What do you think? Should weapons be openly displayed if desired by gun-owners?"

The respondants overwhelmingly support not just the carrying of firearms, but the OPEN carrying of firearms!

That's saying a lot!

Pagan

imported post

I don't understand the question of the poll, I read it two ways. 1 do you support open carry laws, as in laws regulating open carry, or 2 laws allowing open carry, I'm confused, so I did not vote.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Pagan wrote:
I don't understand the question of the poll, I read it two ways. 1 do you support open carry laws, as in laws regulating open carry, or 2 laws allowing open carry, I'm confused, so I did not vote.
Oh come on - the phrase refers to the law of open carry, i.e., allowing it.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mike wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Oh come on - the phrase refers to the law of open carry, i.e., allowing it.
That's what I figured and voted yes, but I am with Pagan on this it is very poorly worded.

eye95

imported post

Actually, it is plainly worded. However, we parse stuff so much these days, that plain wording baffles us.

Of course, the title an an anti-open carry bill is likely to be "A Bill to Protect our Children's Lives and Health from Undue Threats to their Collective Safety."