Thread: Gun in car on school grounds

Post imported post

I frequently take my sister-in-law to Jr. High school and i'd like to know if i can take my firearm. There is a sign at the entrance saying that it's a "no self defence zone" but i thought that a firearm in a glove box under supervision of an adult was ok as long as you stay in the car or lock the car with gun out of sight if you leave the car, am i mistaken? I think i remember seeing somewhere that the firearm must be unloaded, is this true? I'm only on campus for 15 seconds if that, and cant see leaving my firearm at home for the whole comute because i have to pull into a parkinglot and drop a person off. Any info or sugestions would be great.

Post imported post

From Handgunlaw.us:

Prohibition on:
    The grounds of any school, other than the parking lot. In order to be legal in the parking lot the
    weapon must be unloaded, and, if left in an unattended vehicle, such vehicle must be locked and the
    weapon out of sight.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

Yup, pretty much have to unholster it, drop the mag, clear the chamber all with one hand while the other is on the steering wheel hoping you don't have an ND when its time to shift or get called in for brandishing as your nearing school grounds.
    Gotta love some of these common sense stipulations