• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill would ban most private gun sales in Wisconsin

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The NRA is unquestionable large and self aggrandizing. There efforts have been formidable.

May biggest complaint, which I have frequently vocalized, is that they have not been good stewards of the trust that has been placed in them. They make little (no?) attempt to include all aspects of the 2nd Amendment. I realize that such is beyond the scope of their original purpose, but as the organization has grown and expanded, their focus seems so have narrowed and become self-serving.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Yata hey

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:

Oh, perish the thought!

I'd be shocked, shocked I tell you, that anyone would even remotely think that....
Not my fault the truth hurts Hank Troll

The NRA does nothing unless there is something in it for them, namely money.

It's all about the money.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
HankT wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Not trying to sound like the negative nanny here ....
Oh, perish the thought!

I'd be shocked, shocked I tell you, that anyone would even remotely think that....
Not my fault the truth hurts Hank Troll

The NRA does nothing unless there is something in it for them, namely money.

It's all about the money.

OK, then. The truth is you admit to being a "negative nanny."

Roger that.

M

McX

imported post

i guess the nra did their bit. kept and gave us some of the rights we have today. but it's been the local, the state efforts that have given us the biggest gains in the last few years. grass roots so to speak. though i hear scotus may rock the block.

Ivan Sample

imported post

32HR MAG-

I will haveto AGREEwith you 100% about the nra. They have done nothing but pad there pockets with other people money. The nra is a poor excuse of representing the people for gun rights. Iwill never sign up to become a member of their corrupt organization. This is just my opinion and if I step on some folks toes or hurt their feelings. Oh well get over it, you are grown! I hope.:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
What is the president of the nra take home pay.He and his staff are living high on your dollar.
Not precisely what you asked, but close enough - note that this info is from 2004, 6 years old.

Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million (the 2005 tax reports are not yet available).
In fact, it takes more than 35,000 NRA membership renewals (at $25 a piece) just to cover LaPierre's 2004 compensation package. 35,000 NRA memberships spent on one guy
http://www.gunguys.com/?p=1061

Yata hey

__

Banned
imported post

Not all communications are designed primarily to inform, some are designed primarily to instill fear in order to cause people to donate money. It is a sad but true fact that most people will not be motivated to donate by appeals to get something positive enacted into law, but will be motivated to donate when presented with something that scares them. So, do not be surprised when organizations try to scare you into donating - it is the most effective way to get money.

This very issue has come up many times in grassroots discussions. So far, we have refused to try to scare people simply to raise money even when we know the money could be used to accomplish good things. And, eventually, most anything bad that we could threaten people about will become true since the anti gun crowd never stops pushing more gun control.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
32HR MAG wrote:
What is the president of the nra take home pay.He and his staff are living high on your dollar.
Not precisely what you asked, but close enough - note that this info is from 2004, 6 years old.

Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million (the 2005 tax reports are not yet available).
In fact, it takes more than 35,000 NRA membership renewals (at $25 a piece) just to cover LaPierre's 2004 compensation package. 35,000 NRA memberships spent on one guy

GS, how does that compensation level compare to other CEOs in the lobbying sector or in industry of a comparable financial size?

How big of a financial entity is the NRA, GS, got any idea? Say, in dollars received from all sources.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
32HR MAG wrote:

GS, how does that compensation level compare to other CEOs in the lobbying sector or in industry of a comparable financial size?

How big of a financial entity is the NRA, GS, got any idea? Say, in dollars received from all sources.
Not relevant and continues off tangent to the thread.

Yata hey

Ivan Sample

imported post

Screw the nra they are claiming to help with gun ownership and all they doing is ripping people off. Folks that belong to this false nra need to think twice about where their dollars are going. Lets be real, its going into their pockets. What crying shame.:banghead:

range rat

imported post

Hey, Grapeshot. Those Bills are AB-914, an State Bill 643, I've been trying to keep track of them since I got word on them back on March 15:banghead::cuss:

The Gun Show part of the bill is Bull----!!! I've talk to the boys an Girls at the A.T.F. an as of todateno Gun has been traceback to any gun show in WI..

Now, if really what too see something go too www.atf.gov .. then Statictics, then Trace Data. Pull up Year 2009 an any state you wish. [ check out wis,an Ill ] [ then ask your self why??]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

range rat wrote:
Hey, Grapeshot. Those Bills are AB-914, an State Bill 643, I've been trying to keep track of them since I got word on them back on March 15:banghead::cuss:

The Gun Show part of the bill is Bull----!!! I've talk to the boys an Girls at the A.T.F. an as of todateno Gun has been traceback to any gun show in WI..

Now, if really what too see something go too http://www.atf.gov .. then Statictics, then Trace Data. Pull up Year 2009 an any state you wish. [ check out wis,an Ill] [ then ask your self why??]
Great source data site!

Yata hey