• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No wonder sheeple have the wrong idea

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

I am unemployed so I get to see a lot more TV than I really should I was watching Hawaii Five-O episode called 'Diary of a Gun' where the whole show was dedicated to 'midnight specials'.

Anyhow, it's amazing how normal, law abiding citizens are 'forced' to commit crimes just because they found a gun.

1st use. A kid (teenager?) gets insulted and shoots a tourist. Kid runs away and drops the gun in a mailbox. Mailman picks up mail, sees gun so goes and finds his wife sleeping around and kills her and the man she's sleeping with. Mailman throws it out the window while driving down the street. Kid picks it up and takes it home. Shoots self in foot, while going to hospital, leaves gun on floor and front door opens. Janitor sees gun and picks it up. Janitor takes it and tries to sell it to a hold up guy. Hold up guy kills Janitor and takes gun.

Hold up guy carjacks someone and hits him over the head with the gun. Hold up guy holds up a store (duh) and shoots 2 shots at the front of it and speeds away in the stolen car.

I can't watch any more.

I need a job!!

I have not seen any one of these people filling out the proper paperwork ;););)

Before anyone says none needed, I know!

hardballer

imported post

The problem is that the gun obviously was not properly registered :what: and further, back in the sixties and seventies, they did not have the gun laws in place we have today.:banghead: Heck, with all these gun laws, those folks would never have picked that gun up in the first place. Yup.:lol::celebrate

'Cause we know that gun laws stop criminals dead in their tracks. Right? Right?

:cool:

M

McX

imported post

saturday night specials?! they actually still make those? must be a commemorative type thing. only thing i see anywhere is real guns, God i love America.

Mr.arker

imported post

Damn, I'm old enough to remember the original showings. Jack Lord was in real life an anti-gun nut from NYC.
He apparently was a great shot too. He could hit perps while on the move with that little .38 snubnose from great distances.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

mr. parker wrote:
He could hit perps while on the move with that little .38 snubnose from great distances.

True.

In another show earlier, they had sharpshooters shoot a small plane and make it explode. Of course, the six cops shooting at the plane didn't care about all the people and other planes in the background.

PT111

imported post

Most people get just about all of their legal knowledge and other "facts" from TV shows and movies. Then every now and then you get a long thread right here on this board about what kind of gun was used in a certain movie and this stupid actor called a certain gun a pistol when it was a revolver because he is a big anti gun person and on and on.

It is a freaking TV show or movie folks. They don't worry about facts and whether or not you have to cock the hammer on a 1911 before every shot. Take it for what it is, fantasy. And tell others that it is fantasy and Dirty Harry is not a real detective, a .44 Magnum will not blow your head off with one shot. As Mad Max says on the John Boy and Billy Show, "Shut up and quit trying to ruin my life". :D

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

The fact that Hawaii 00000 stopped production in 1980 would have nothing to do with its untimeliness, of course. Neither is Hawaii a gun friendly state nor a state absent rampant racism.

When the coast of California breaks off at the San Andreas Fault, then it will make best speed to join its depauperate Ohana in a "South Pacific Paradise" in the North Pacific.

Yooper

imported post

If only they would have had the bullet serialization and micro stamping, then, after the first crime was committed, the police would have known who had the gun, it's GPS location, the number of rounds left, the accuracy of the shooter, and could have contacted OnStar, so they could have taken the gun out of service before someone else got killed.

I know it sounds far fetched, but, the anti's herald micro stamping/ serialization as the end all of gun crime, so it's gotta do something spectacular, because we all know that just plain ol' serial numbers and a micro stamp don't help find someone who has stolen a gun.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GPS bullets! That would do the trick. Heck, I remember a bunch of anti's pushing for ammo cost so high no one could afford a single round. Imagine one .38 SPL cartridge costing $1000. I think it was Chris Rock that said if the government raised ammo prices to $1000 a bullet that that would end all gun violence. Right....

Speaking of tv shows...my favorite that I dislike the most these days is CSI: Miami. They are always spouting off about the National Gun Registry Database and how they can track guns down in a minute to the person who bought the gun. Right.....and how many people know that in Florida it is a 5 MILLION DOLLAR fine per occurrence for any kind of "gun registration"? And just why did Florida pass such a law? Not to protect criminals that is for sure.

M

McX

imported post

alot to give unsolicited comments on. so that's me; bye california, when the big ones hit you want me to hold your unloaded gun for you so it won't get salty?

the sheep don't know no better because they have not been educated to currents until now. there was no gradual nothing. we went from anti- gun, to tolerated gun in a span of a few short crime ridden years.

5 mil fine just changed my retirement plans about fla. figured there wa something amiss in paradise, enough to keep me out. anything with a 5 mil fine i won't go near.

people gotta realize too that oc just displaces the crime, they go elsewhere, and it may be where we aren't, so they have an obligation to enjoy the same level of protection we do.

Yooper

imported post

I think he's saying that an attempt by a government agency to come up with a registration scheme, and actually register a gun will get that agency a $5,000,000 fine. It's meant to protect gun owners from local gun registrations

PT111

imported post

Yhat law also has some bad side effects. One gun company, I think Taurus, can no longer put your gun into a database to keep track of it when you send it in for repair. If you call and want to know why it is taking 9 weeks for a repair instead of the 6 they promised they have to find it manually instead of just pulling it up on a computer screen to tell you it will be 3 more weeks. At least that is their story and they were sticking to it.

AaronS

imported post

I registered my 'lil .38 snub with Taurus, on-line. I entered my serial number and all...

I would think Taurus is keeping that info... But who knows...

Packer fan

imported post

I counted 7 shots coming out of that little gun. Was it a revolver and did they spend the money to buy bullets just to commit the crime? :D

The sad thing is many people do get all their uniformed opinions from movies and tv. Why do you think the antis always refer to the old west?

Spoons and forks should be outlawed at buffets because they make people fat.

Don't give children pens or pencils in class rooms because they cause children to write on desks.

Whatever happened to taking personal responsibility for actions taken?

Ikowmost on this form do take personal responsibilty and that is why we carry.

PT111

imported post

AaronS wrote:
I registered my 'lil .38 snub with Taurus, on-line. I entered my serial number and all...

I would think Taurus is keeping that info... But who knows...
It may have been some other company with repair facilities in FL. I just remember reading this on some manufacturers web page a good while back about the law but not the details.

PT111

imported post

I counted 7 shots coming out of that little gun. Was it a revolver and did they spend the money to buy bullets just to commit the crime? :D
You must not understand, the gun was originally owned by Roy Rogers so it never required reloading. Didn't you watch Roy and Dale while growing up or are you too young to remember them? :celebrate

SIGguy229

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
GPS bullets! That would do the trick.
Don't know you know!? All bullets are designed to hit schools, children, hospitals, places that serve alcohol, democrats, republicans, black people, white people, purple people, illegals, U.S. citizens....it's like frickin' magic!

That's why they all need to be banned.....because the bullets are hitting the wrong things....if they were safely under lock and key in govt facility where no one would get to them, the bullets couldn't harm anyone! (and block the GPS signal).

Gun on the other hand, are the DEVIL! [/sarc]