Thread: Where do I put the ammo in OC in vehicle

Post imported post

Hello,

New to this forum, if I have an OC in my car, where do I put the ammo ? I have a 357 with a speed loader, just wondering where to put it.

Thank you

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

with a rev, you can carry the ammo anywhere you want. the ammo does not need to be carried open. Not like a magizine for a semi-auto.

Mag's need to be carried 'open'

Post imported post

You can do whatever you want with your ammo.

Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines, but just to avoid a confrontation with an LEO who does not know this, you better carry open.
    FREEDOM.

Post imported post

Ranchero wrote:
    You can do whatever you want with your ammo.

Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines, but just to avoid a confrontation with an LEO who does not know this, you better carry open.
    There is bad caselaw with regard to 'concealing an integral part of the firearm' being a 12025 violation. People vs Hale

Post imported post

You are able to place that anywhere you like, but I'm sure you've got that message by now.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Because magazines [for handguns that use them] are considered an integral part of a firearm they must be carried openly as well. There are holsters made to be strapped to the passenger seat so they are in plain view. For revolvers, speed loaders are not an integral part of the firearm and can be concealed, carried in mag pouches or wherever you wish to put them.

BUT

Since we are talking about possession in a vehicle, it must be stated that the best option is to put your firearm and magazines/speedloaders in a 12026 compliant case due to the risk of entering a Gun Free School Zone.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ranchero wrote:
    ...Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines...
    Please stop spreading bad info. There is in fact case law regarding magazines. See People v Hale.

While some theorize having an empty mag in the well "completes" the firearm, thereby nullifying the court's logic... but the reality is that you're extremely likely to be convicted, and will almost certainly lose on appeal if you test this "loophole."

Case law says: firearm possession + concealed mag (with ammo in it) = 12025 violation. It's mind-numbing logic, but it's the law of the land.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.