• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do I put the ammo in OC in vehicle

carabuser

imported post

Hello,

New to this forum, if I have an OC in my car, where do I put the ammo ? I have a 357 with a speed loader, just wondering where to put it.

Thank you

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

Ranchero

imported post

You can do whatever you want with your ammo.

Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines, but just to avoid a confrontation with an LEO who does not know this, you better carry open.

mjones

imported post

Ranchero wrote:
You can do whatever you want with your ammo.

Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines, but just to avoid a confrontation with an LEO who does not know this, you better carry open.
There is bad caselaw with regard to 'concealing an integral part of the firearm' being a 12025 violation. People vs Hale

demnogis

imported post

Because magazines [for handguns that use them] are considered an integral part of a firearm they must be carried openly as well. There are holsters made to be strapped to the passenger seat so they are in plain view. For revolvers, speed loaders are not an integral part of the firearm and can be concealed, carried in mag pouches or wherever you wish to put them.

BUT

Since we are talking about possession in a vehicle, it must be stated that the best option is to put your firearm and magazines/speedloaders in a 12026 compliant case due to the risk of entering a Gun Free School Zone.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ranchero wrote:
...Regarding magazines.......... There's no law regarding magazines...
Please stop spreading bad info. There is in fact case law regarding magazines. See People v Hale.

While some theorize having an empty mag in the well "completes" the firearm, thereby nullifying the court's logic... but the reality is that you're extremely likely to be convicted, and will almost certainly lose on appeal if you test this "loophole."

Case law says: firearm possession + concealed mag (with ammo in it) = 12025 violation. It's mind-numbing logic, but it's the law of the land.