• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racism for minority gun owners

25sierraman

imported post

I think it'd be a great thing to show some more diversity. Then it'd be harder for the media to stereotype gun owners as a big group of racist rednecks. I shoot regularly at sharpshooters in Lorton VA and i think its great to see all the different groups of people coming in and enjoying their freedoms given to them by the sacrifice of many men before them. The staff is multi racial to and are as patient as can be even with some customers ive seen that were relatively hard to understand. It's funny how much hell i catch at work being first generation Korean driving a large truck with my Sig Sauer sticker on it and always trying to get some of the younger soldiers to go to the range with me. anyway yea its not just white people that responsibly carry and own guns i'd like to see the media show people that more often.

Dreamer

imported post

rottman43055 wrote:
Another angle on race I think about is I bet there are black men who are afraid to OC because of law enforcement in some areas. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I think you are completely correct, and not just about LEO's. When an LEO gets a MWAG call, they send one cruiser and two cops. But if they get a BMWAG call, it's "all bets are off"...

And I think that your average soccer mom lefty gun hater is a LOT more likely to make a MWAG call when she sees an African American 20-something male OCing than she would a guy like me, who is 40-something, with short hair, glasses and a button down shirt and chinos...

If you listen closely to the language the anti's use it's VERY telling as to what their REAL agenda is. They are always saying "we don't want to take guns away from legitimate sportsmen (read: rich white guys who belong to a trap and skeet club), we just want to get guns out of the hands of the wrong kinds of people..."

And I think we ALL know what they REALLY mean when they say "the wrong kinds of people". These racist anti's need to be called out for the pro-slavery scumbags they really are. Because we all know the words of Andrew Fletcher, the Scottish writer and patriot from the 1700s:
"And I cannot see, why arms should be denied to any man who is not a slave, since they are the only true badges of liberty."
Almost EVERY gun control law that has been passed in the last 100 years in the US was racially motivated, and almost EVERY single one of these laws were passed by Democrat-controlled legislatures.

The "Left" has a long and well-documented history of racist gun laws. And they are still working on adding to their record. You don't see any Dems in New Hampshire or Alaska or Kansas pushing for tougher restrictions (states which are predominately white). The places where you see Dems pushing for these increased restrictions are in states and cities that have large populations of minorities--the City of NY, Baltimore, DC, Chicago, Detroit, and states like CA, IL and MD..

Let's call it what it is, folks. The "left" is a racist conspiracy hell-bent on disarming the poor, women, and non-whites. This is a simple, documentable, historical fact. It's time we call them out on it...

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good thread... I agree, it would be nice to see more diversity in the OC movement. Not that that diversity isn't there, it is, but it would nice to see that reflected in the media. Just about every news story video I've seen in the last few months, whether it's skewed pro or anti, portrays the Open Carrier as the Middle-aged White Guy.
BTW I started a similar (less well received: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/41062.html)thread a while back. I'm glad yours is going better.

eye95

imported post

Yeah. It says that it wasn't beneath the dignity of that officer to spend some quality time with one of his community's younger citizens.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The white guilt - Liberal - anti gun media, wants this to be a "white" thing so they can report ...white America is taking up guns, they are even more bitter & still clinging to their guns & bibles...:?

Yes, it's racist, Racists against white America ... is being portrayed as Gadsden flag waving gun nuts. HEY, I resemble that remark :D

groats

imported post

Marginalize, villify, then destroy.

Standard operating procedure for those who would become dictators.

The news media cannot admit that all sorts of people have, and need, guns. It's easy to get people to vote to take guns away from the unwashed, toothless hillbillies. Not so easy to vote to take Oprah's guns away (and yes, she has guns. Being rich, she can afford to pay others to carry them for her and to pull the triggers.)

open4years

imported post

Maddoggie13 wrote:
I attended many, many open carry events during the last 6 months.  Not once, any news report willing to show my face...may be my skin is yellow and not white.  I could see my Glock, S&W and XD from the back or the side; but, never with my face from the front.  May be I'm just too homely for them.  :cool:  This totally suck...we need to show faces across all race when comes to gun ownership in America.  :banghead:

It might have had nothing to do with your skin color. I worked for a large power company in Georgia. Many years ago, the power plant workers went on strike. I, and other engineers, were sent to the power plants to keep the power on.

We worked 12 hour days for two weeks (ate and slept in the plant) then two days off before we had to come back. It was miserable as this was a coal fired plant and it was very hot inside and outside was hot too

We slept on cots, many to a room, and it was so hot, it was hard to sleep. One day, I and two others were walking back from checking the coal chute. We were covered from head to toe and were solid black.

Then we saw a news crew video taping 3 guys that did nothing but sit on their rumps. They were talking about how hard the work was and how miserable the living conditions were!

We were off camera as we walked by, but the news crew saw us. Wouldn't it make a better story if the guys were covered in coal dust?

I remember being SO mad, not because I wasn't on TV, but how wrong it was for the slackers to be on camera while we were actually working. I wanted to throw my hard hat at the TV crew and strangle the slackers!

So, all that to say that it may have had nothing to do with race.

AL Ranger

imported post

One of the things that can be brought up to the liberal press is when they ask,"Why do open carry instead of concealed carry?"

We should respond,"Licenses to carry a pistol was a racist invention and part of the 'black codes' where aformer slavehad to prove he was a good guy before he would be allowed to carry a gun. If he didn't get a license to carry, this former slave could be severely beaten or killed for having a gun! We will not follow the racist and bigoted licensing laws of the past and we will make not anyone else follow them either.

Yard Sale

imported post

rottman43055 wrote:
Another angle on race I think about is I bet there are black men who are afraid to OC because of law enforcement in some areas. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
racistmilwaukeepolice.jpg

JohnK87

imported post

Recognize that reporters are not there to report the truth, or to be balanced. They have a narrative, often preconceived, and they seek out and edit to reinforce that narrative.

The narrative for open carry/2A is that all the people involved are white men, who are probably tea partiers, militia members and open racists. Since the people can be marginalized, so can their cause.

It's nothing personal, it's just business.