• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY IN CHICAGO

2ndammendmentbrotha

imported post

Hello all. I am a well armed everydayHoosier living right next to Chicago in Hammond. Where legal I always carry my SW40VE open or concealed. However lately I have had to venture into Chicago frequently. Whenever I have to make a trip into Chicago I open carry an empty holster. I ride the "L" and walk. I have had people do double takes and a few ask about my holster and I use this as an opportunity to educate therights abused subjects ofChicago. I would suggest that more of us do this to get the word outand be seen. It does not always take an organized event so get out there and help me educate!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Well, all I can say is, be safe. I lived in the Chicago area for over 22 years. There were places I wouldn't go, even WITH a gun. :)