• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What type of holster gun combo do you use to carry??

anthonyakadayday

imported post

I have a Glock 19 and a dropleg holster with a mag pouch on front,and a S&W J frame 5 shot in 357/38spcl but no holster. I am thinking of getting a retention holster for no more then $30any sugestions.

What type of holster gun combo do you use, do you like it, do you have any sugestions

wewd

imported post

I also carry a Glock 19 and I use this holster:

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_LG524+RH+G26.aspx

It's an excellent level 2 retention holster, the release mechanism is hidden so well that every cop that has e-checked me couldn't figure it out. Very fast for the user to draw. Locks on the ejection port, very strong. Nobody is going to rip your gun out of this one. Comes with a paddle and a belt slide, you can choose which one you want to use.

Get the model for the Glock 17 rather than the 19. It works just the same for both and will give you more options in the future if you get another full-sized Glock.

L in Oakland

imported post

Fobus E2 series holster should take care of what your looking for. It's has an adjustable retention screw and probably under $30.00. I just got mine for my SP101 yesterday. If you draw it exactly right it's not coming out of the holster. After you have mastered it I think it's going to be pretty cool.

dirtykoala

imported post

For my glock I use the glock brand holster. I think they go for about $15. I'm thinking of getting a blackhawk serpa level 2, they are around $35 or so I think, probably cheaper online.

For my 1911 I picked up a fobus for $30, The ones for glock are probably about the same.

markm

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Gundude wrote:
I am on a very strict budget so I carry like this.

Hey Gundude,

My budget is stricter than yours---I am sporting a SW 65-5 wheelgun in a level .333 retention holster. Aahh, someday I'll have a G22 or P226 anda real holster! Until then, I willkeep sweeping the floor at Lowe's.

markm

anthonyakadayday

imported post

wewd wrote:

It's an excellent level 2 retention holster, the release mechanism is hidden so well that every cop that has e-checked me couldn't figure it out. Very fast for the user to draw. Locks on the ejection port, very strong. Nobody is going to rip your gun out of this one. Comes with a paddle and a belt slide, you can choose which one you want to use.

Get the model for the Glock 17 rather than the 19. It works just the same for both and will give you more options in the future if you get another full-sized Glock.
Is it a retention hilster, where is the release?

mjones

imported post

anthonyakadayday wrote:
wewd wrote:

Is it a retention hilster, where is the release?

Use this link for more info on the ALS for the 6378

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6378

Bring up the "360" view

Look closely between the slide and the body-side of the holster. That's the retention release.

OPS MARINE

imported post

I don't have a holster for this:

4523590637_b5da98779a.jpg

But I have one for this:

4505988401_198c34fc91.jpg