• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal Carry Permit

Otto

imported post

BCI received my application today. Generally what is the turn-around time to receive my permit?

mqondo

imported post

Right now it's somewhere between 35-45 days from when they process your payment. So if you paid cash the time starts when you give it to them. With a check or credit card it's whenever the cash or take the payment out.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

mqondo wrote:
Right now it's somewhere between 35-45 days from when they process your payment. So if you paid cash the time starts when you give it to them. With a check or credit card it's whenever the cash or take the payment out.

The gal at the counter told me,the Start time is from when they recieved it, that is when the "clock" starts, and she told me that mailing it is does not take any longer to process, then if you hand deliver the Application, other then a day or so it takes to get to the BCI through the mail.

She might be telling me stories but that is what I heard from the BCI's representative just yesterday.

the_fox_man4

imported post

Just Got my Utah Permit Last night in the mail an out of state permit and took 57 days. I am just happy that they send a real sturdy plastic card un like MN that just sends out a paper card to get messed up.