• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WVC, UT = Moscow Russia

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

These are true stories from Moscow Russia/ WVC, Utah.

This CFP Student of mine just came back from a 2 year LDS Mission to Russia & Belarus.

He would be walking down the Street and the Police would stop them and ask them for "Their Papers" then they would take them to the Police Station and hold them for no reason, then let them go for no reason. One time the Police came into a meeting house (Church) no warrant and asked to see "IDs"/ PERMIT! One Brave American sitting at the piano began to play the Star Spangler Banner. I would have loved to see, if thier was one a YOUTUBE clip of that!In Belarus they could not wear Missionary name tag, they had to go by their first names, they could not "preach the Gospel" they had to wait to say anything religious until a Belorussian asked first to learn about the LDS Church.

Back to Russia, 2 LDS Missionaries were walked down an alley by some "mobsters" and the Police just happened to come by and they lied to tell the tell. Please no comments about religion this is not about a church, I share with you what it is like to live in a "Police State" and to see what the Government can do to you if you do not have any Constitutional rights. Your life is not in God's hands but of that of the Government and their "Hench men!"

Porter N

imported post

wow. I can't imagine living in such a place. In the USA, we always put so much emphasis in the news and in Hollywood about 'dirty cops' and even on forums like this we have to be careful or (some, not all) get carried away in LEO bashing. While not all Police Officers are perfect - they are still men and women on this planet, which makes them fallible, we live in a country where the men and women set out to protect the law-abiding masses do a pretty darn good job of keeping us safe and NOT harassing us compared to some of the lawless or government-controlled countries in the world.

God Bless America.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

Up until recently I had a lot of respect for COPS but they are more and more dirty COPS in Utah, and I feel like spitting when I here a COP like Officer Smith of WVCPD abusing someones rights. UVU Campus Cop threathing a student if he did not cover up his firearm. That crap is not right, and I will not give respect until, the Cops personally gives me respect. Until then they are no better then you or I.

Porter N

imported post

While I agree that no officer should infringe on a citizen's rights, I understand that there are good and bad people in this world. A police officer knows that better than anyone. I may have two speeding tickets on my record, but I wouldn't say I'm a bad person. That's the extent of my police contact. Both of those officers are still good people, as far as I'm concerned. I listened to the recording of officer Smith, and agree that some of his commentary made me angry.

But if Officer Riley (a local PO that has responded to disturbances in my neighborhood and saw me carrying on both occasions) pulls me over and follows the law, whether he writes me a ticket or not, I'm still going to think he's a good guy.

My point is, I'm not going to say a Cop is a dirty/bad/power-hungry/etc Cop until he blatantly violates my rights or something like that. Yeah, while many of us have stories where officers could have handled it better (to put it lightly), I'm still a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty; you can call me ignorant, niave, stupid, or whatever, but unless a person, P.O. or not, personally treats me ill or I see them on the news for something... I'll still keep my faith in the general public, the good men and women in our police departments, and in humanity.