• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little confused on NM School zones.

jamesisel

imported post

Can anyone tell me, what's the deal with the GFZA in NM? Can a citizen open and/or concealed carry within 1000 feet of a school? I've looked around and can't find a straight answer. Can someone point me in the right direction? State Law?
Thanks!

mfcmb

imported post

Can't carry openly or concealed on the premises of public schools and universities and off-campus places where their activities are being held except: in your vehicle and if you are 19 or older. - 30-7-2.1 & 30-7-2.4 NMSA 1978, 4th degree felony.

Not sure if you can/can't carry within 1,000 feet of school premises when outside your vehicle.