Thread: Retention Holster for S&W 637

Post imported post

Hello everyone,

As is normal, I've been lurking for a while I finally got up the nerve to post.

In college I was on the Clay Target team, and after my first year on the team I got my first pistol (my S&W 637). I've always just shot her for fun. After a few things started happening around my town, I've been considering the serious need for protection. And all this led me here. And I have so much appreciation for y'all aready.

So now I need to find a holster for my firearm. As I'm most familar with the world of shotguns, and have never had a hostler for my pistol, I'm kind of lost.

I like the idea of a retention holster, to prevent gun grabs (no reason to accidentaly arm the wrong person). I would also prefer around the waist, as opposed to a shoulder holster. Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Airi

PS - Anyone here from the Eastern Shore of Virginia? I'd love to talk to someone that OCs around here.

Post imported post

Check this holster out... it offers good retention for the gun, an easy draw, and is comfortable (at least for me?) to wear outside the waistband open carry.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...,1145,1410.htm

That is just one choice of the many holsters out there but that is the one that works best for me.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Thanks Bikenut.

I've heard great things about Serpas, but I hadn't realized that my gun would fit in them. That holster looks like my barrel wouldn't fit properly.

Here's a link to what the 637 looks like: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...mp;isFirearm=Y

Post imported post

The model they offer specifically for the S&W J-Frame should fit it just fine:

As for Eastern Shore Virginia come check out the Virginia forum:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/

Post imported post

Airilith wrote:
    Thanks Bikenut.

I've heard great things about Serpas, but I hadn't realized that my gun would fit in them. That holster looks like my barrel wouldn't fit properly.

Here's a link to what the 637 looks like: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...mp;isFirearm=Y
    You are welcome! After all, this whole site is supposed to be folks helping folks.

I have a S&W 637.. and like it. My lady Yooperlady has that J Frame Smith in .22LR... same gun different caliber... and she uses a Blackhawk Serpa left hand holster. Fits the gun perfectly.

Please return to that website I provided and search for the holster that will fit your 637... it's there.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

You guys are great!

Thanks for having so much patience with me.

And Curtis, thanks for the VA link. Where exactly is 'Biting my Tongue, VA'? Haha!

Post imported post

Airilith wrote:
    You guys are great!

Thanks for having so much patience with me.

And Curtis, thanks for the VA link. Where exactly is 'Biting my Tongue, VA'? Haha!
    Carry on!