• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Retention Holster for S&W 637

Airilith

imported post

Hello everyone,

As is normal, I've been lurking for a while :DI finally got up the nerve to post.

In college I was on the Clay Target team, and after my first year on the team I got my first pistol (my S&W 637). I've always just shot her for fun. After a few things started happening around my town, I've been considering the serious need for protection. And all this led me here. And I have so much appreciation for y'all aready.

So now I need to find a holster for my firearm. As I'm most familar with the world of shotguns, and have never had a hostler for my pistol, I'm kind of lost.

I like the idea of a retention holster, to prevent gun grabs (no reason to accidentaly arm the wrong person). I would also prefer around the waist, as opposed to a shoulder holster. Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Airi

PS - Anyone here from the Eastern Shore of Virginia? I'd love to talk to someone that OCs around here.

curtiswr

imported post

The model they offer specifically for the S&W J-Frame should fit it just fine:

43920.jpg

As for Eastern Shore Virginia come check out the Virginia forum:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/

B

Bikenut

imported post

Airilith wrote:
Thanks Bikenut.

I've heard great things about Serpas, but I hadn't realized that my gun would fit in them. That holster looks like my barrel wouldn't fit properly.

Here's a link to what the 637 looks like: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=14761&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15704&isFirearm=Y
You are welcome!:D After all, this whole site is supposed to be folks helping folks.

I have a S&W 637.. and like it. My lady Yooperlady has that J Frame Smith in .22LR... same gun different caliber... and she uses a Blackhawk Serpa left hand holster. Fits the gun perfectly.

Please return to that website I provided and search for the holster that will fit your 637... it's there.

Airilith

imported post

You guys are great!

Thanks for having so much patience with me.

And Curtis, thanks for the VA link. Where exactly is 'Biting my Tongue, VA'? Haha!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Airilith wrote:
You guys are great!

Thanks for having so much patience with me.

And Curtis, thanks for the VA link. Where exactly is 'Biting my Tongue, VA'? Haha!
Carry on!:D