Thread: iPod Goes Tactical With two Shot Timer Apps

Post imported post

http://kitup.military.com/2010/04/ip...#axzz0lkM5Jzm2

iPod Goes Tactical With two Shot Timer Apps April 15, 2010|Christian Lowe
    I'd never been exposed to the use of shottimer until that slave driver of a shooting instructor Brandon Wright of ITI subjected Ward and me to the ignominity of the damned device last week.
    I was trolling around the forums today and ran across a mention of a new iPhone application that is designed to work as a shottimer and hone your speed.
    SISiPhoneApps developed the shot timer with what looks to me like a range of customization and reporting bells and whistles so that you can keep track of your times and calibrate the device for refined acoustics. The SIS timer builds on SureFire's similar app released about a year ago.
    This is the second app I've seen for hard core tactical use, the first being Knights Armament's Bullet Flight ballistics app.
    Look, I'm an iPhone convert and believe that the darn thing has pretty close to changed the world as I know it. It's pretty cool to see the gizmo being used for more real-world military applications and I hope the development keeps going.
    We'd love to hear about any others our readers have seen out in the field, and also if anyone has some first-hand experience with tactical apps, let's get the lowdown.

Read more: iPod Goes Tactical With two Shot Timer Apps - Kit Up

Post imported post

This is really cool, I'm going to try the surefire one out next time at the range.

Post imported post

There is an app that I found that is way better than Knights armament ever thought about bein in my opinion, it's called iSnipe. With a few selections in the menus it provides ballistic information for the selected round. It comes loaded with 200 different calibers and each caliber has a list of ammunition manufacturers to shoose from. It's well worth the little bit it cost for anyone who wants precision in their long range shots.

Post imported post

shadowman wrote:
    There is an app that I found that is way better than Knights armament ever thought about bein in my opinion, it's called iSnipe.
    I looked at iSnipe and think it's pretty darn slick. Only problem is that it is iPhone-only, and I have an Android phone. I e-mailed the author and he said they'd been thinking about porting it. So if anyone else is in my situation, please go to http://isnipe.webdiligence.ca/ and encourage the author to make it available for 'droid phones.