• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am glad I found this forum

rottman43055

imported post

I just wanted to say that I am glad I found this forum. I carry full time and I OC or CC depending on weather, dress etc.

A little at a time OC is catching on & I can't wait until it is something that is more widely accepted.

Thanks to all.

SsevenN

imported post

rottman43055 wrote:
I just wanted to say that I am glad I found this forum. I carry full time and I OC or CC depending on weather, dress etc.

A little at a time OC is catching on & I can't wait until it is something that is more widely accepted.

Thanks to all.
I'll second that. Thanks to all involved in the creation and maintenance of this site. And thanks for being the tip of the proverbial spear in the Open Carry movement!

open4years

imported post

rottman43055 wrote:

Thanks to all.

I love this site too. In regards to waiting until OC is widely accepted: If we can get more gun toters carrying openly, that day will come sooner.

The public has to get used to seeing more of us OCing, before they will adapt to it and realize that we are good people who won't harm them. We will have won the battle when the public feels safer with us around than being afraid of us.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't make the news when someone uses a gun to save someone else. They hear of every mass shooting, then they freak out seeing a gun out in the open.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Agreed. The press has put a negative spin on guns for years. It seems though that recently they have been giving more and more press on OCing, the tea party, and the like. Most of the time they still try to put a negative spin on it, but the public are starting to see that people like us (meaning people that wish to protect and defend the constitution) are not going anywhere and I think they're getting curious as to why. The more rational we show we are, the quicker the tide may be turned in favor of justice.

25sierraman

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
Agreed. The press has put a negative spin on guns for years. It seems though that recently they have been giving more and more press on OCing, the tea party, and the like. Most of the time they still try to put a negative spin on it, but the public are starting to see that people like us (meaning people that wish to protect and defend the constitution) are not going anywhere and I think they're getting curious as to why. The more rational we show we are, the quicker the tide may be turned in favor of justice.
It's really all about how we present ourselves to other people. Most people think im a police officer (i'm military so i got the haircut i guess) but when people ask i try to be as patient and polite as possible when informing them as to why i open carry and that it is legal. It only takes one stuipid person to become the focus of an article and give the whole crowd a bad name. i am agreeing with you by the way.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

25sierraman wrote:It only takes one stuipid person to become the focus of an article and give the whole crowd a bad name.
[/quote]

This is the part of your post that stuck out to me the most. We all need to watch what we say/do very carefully. The rude posts I see on this forum and others only projects a bad light on all of us. We need to focus on showing the rest of the country that this is a postive thing and leave the "gotcha points" at home. +1 man.