• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flying in to Vegas -but going to UT & AZ

VAdude0123

imported post

I hope I can get some clarity!!

I have CCW permit. I will be flying to Las Vegas and then driving immediately to UT and AZ to visit the national parks. I am familiar with flying withfirearms (using my Kalispel Pistol Gun Case with double keyed lock ports –no label indicating that a firearm is inside), so that will not be an issue.

UT and AZ have CCW reciprocity with my state; however, NV does not. I know that NV is an open carry state. The main question I have is, how do I legally transport my firearm from the time I pick-up my luggage to the UT border? Do (Can) I open carry the firearm? Is open carry for NV residents only?

It appears from reading the posts on this site that I cannot leave the unloaded firearm in my locked gun case which will be in my locked luggage in the trunk of my car as that would be carrying a concealed weapon.

Thanks Everyone!

Yard Sale

imported post

Carrying means on your person or in your hand. Concealed elsewhere in your vehicle is good without a permit in NV. (Cite NRS 202.whatever.)

And as a practical application, if you carry that locked case in your hand from hotel to vehicle and back,nobody can discern its contents without taking(seizing) it andbreaking into (searching)it.

spiritof76

imported post

Open carry is not restricted to residents. You can OC fine in NV and then conceal once in a state that recognizes your permit. In NV while driving you can put it in the center console too; it just can't be concealed on your person.