Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_OKLAHO649094

SNIP

Oklahoma Senate passes open carry bill

By BARBARA HOBEROCK World Capitol Bureau
    Published: 4/21/2010 11:37 AM
    Last Modified: 4/21/2010 11:47 AM

OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill allowing those with concealed carry permits to openly carry weapons passed the Senate.

House Bill 3354 passed on Wednesday with no debate and heads to the House. The vote was 33-15.

Rep. Rex Duncan, R-Sand Springs, and Sen. Anthony Sykes, R-Moore, are the sponsors of the measure.

. . .

Post imported post

That is great news and a great first step for OK.

Post imported post

cabbitone wrote:
    To OKLAHOMA
    From TEXAS

Please send us some of your legislators. The 33 that voted yes would be nice. We will return them upon Texas going Open Carry. Thanks for your help.

Your southern neighbor,
    Texas
    Amen to that!

Post imported post

This is AWESOME!!!!

Post imported post

Still have to getpast the House.

And Gov Henry.

Post imported post

My fingers are crossed. What will happen now. YESno
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

This is great news. I hope it gets signed into law.

Post imported post

This is still a great sign of things to come. 33-15 is a very positive number!

Post imported post

cabbitone wrote:
    To OKLAHOMA
    From TEXAS

Please send us some of your legislators. The 33 that voted yes would be nice. We will return them upon Texas going Open Carry. Thanks for your help.

Your southern neighbor,
    Texas
    Ditto!

If only Texas has some legislators with backbone!

Post imported post

I hope the House passes it. I am ready

retsniper

Post imported post

cabbitone wrote:
    To OKLAHOMA
    From TEXAS

Your southern neighbor,
    Texas

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

Good deal Oklahoma.... 'Hope ya get it.

Post imported post

Grats Oklahoma - this is huge news.
    A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

Post imported post

Great news. Any move toward OC is a good one. Still, I hope the next move will be to un-hook OC from the CCW permit. After all, if Oklahomans have the right to keep and bear arms, why should they need a permit to exercise the basic form of that right: open carry?

Post imported post

Mainly because there is money to be made by the state. I agree, god has granted us our freedoms, and our constitution has guaranteed it, I just love those libs that say it is ok to have a gun, but then LIMIT your ability to carry it. Who are they kidding? we need to vote all dems out along with RINOS too, (republicans in name only)

Post imported post

AMEN TO THAT

RETSNIPER

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Great news. Any move toward OC is a good one. Still, I hope the next move will be to un-hook OC from the CCW permit. After all, if Oklahomans have the right to keep and bear arms, why should they need a permit to exercise the basic form of that right: open carry?
    You beat me to the punch Dutch, I was going to say the same thing. It'd be better if it was unhooked from the CCW permit, but hey, one small step for Oklahomans, one giant leap
    +1
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

One_Shot wrote:
    Ditto!

If only Texas has some legislators with backbone!
    Almost all of the legislators in Texas are gutless cowards. I think that the gutless Perry should call a special session to deal with a lot of issues that are very pressing at the moment. He won't because, well, he's got no intestinal fortitude.

I find it very hard to believe that the people of Texas chose him to be the Republican nominee over the best candidate we've seen in decades. Maybe the people of Texas (as a whole)have become just as gutless as our leaders. I think it is time to make a move to Arizona.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

I was shocked the first time I read that Texas was no-OC. I always thought Texas was where cowboys came from, and whoever heard of a cowboy without a gun? I'm rooting for you guys. Hopefully they take a look at OK and follow suit.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Hopefully the Oklahoma House and Gov. go along with this and legalize OC this year in oklahoma.

Then you guys in Texas and Arkansas can try to make another go of it - clearly it needed to become an issue in teh exas Gov's race and then the winner needs to follow thru

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Hopefully the Oklahoma House and Gov. go along with this and legalize OC this year in oklahoma.

Then you guys in Texas and Arkansas can try to make another go of it - clearly it needed to become an issue in teh exas Gov's race and then the winner needs to follow thru
    Not even sure that Perry will win the Gov. race. He's got a lot of unclaimed baggage. Gadasil, Trans Texas Corridor and a lot more. Especially when people find out that the TTC is still alive and well as well as other big toll roads.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

so from all ive gathered that the new open carry will you be required to have a concealed carry license first or what I'm concerned about it all but its just not coming all together...but also from where i stand im an 18 year old and i do know that in the state of oklahoma you cannot get a concealed carry until 21...but what i do not understand is that i do have the option to go into the armed forces...which dont get me wrong i respect what they do for my freedom its stupid that i can go over seas and carry a high powered rifle but yet i cant carry a pistol...i've lived in oklahoma all my life so guns are nothing new to me and ive had my life time hunting/fishing license since 2002 and ive been allowed to carry a rifle/shotgun to go hunting...just if anyone can shed some light for me i would greatly appreciate it...

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    I was shocked the first time I read that Texas was no-OC. I always thought Texas was where cowboys came from, and whoever heard of a cowboy without a gun? I'm rooting for you guys. Hopefully they take a look at OK and follow suit.
    I always thought it was where steer and ****** came from....

I'll not postulate on this correlation, if any, to a lack of OC.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    mcdonalk wrote:
    I always thought it was where steer and ****** came from....

I'll not postulate on this correlation, if any, to a lack of OC.
    All the steers and ****** in Texas are in the state legislature....they have no balls.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    All the steers and ****** in Texas are in the state legislature....they have no balls.
    My state rep will be at the local gun club meeting tomorrow. They've moved to a bigger venue and invited the public.

I plan to give him my priorities, in order of importance:
    1. Repeal all of PC Chapter 46
    2. Join Arizona and Alaska (license not required for CC or OC, but available for those who want reciprocity)
    3. Legalize OC, even if CC still requires a license
    4. Repeal the ban on school carry
    5. Repeal any statutory prohibition on carry in private property (schools, sporting events, 51% locations)
    6. Reduce the penalty for trespassing while armed to a Class C misdemeanor with maximum $50 fine and no loss of license.
    7. Create a presumption of liability for business or property owners when someone suffers a criminal attack on property that has been posted to ban guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast