• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tulsa World - Oklahoma Senate votes 33-15 to legalize open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20100421_12_0_OKLAHO649094

SNIP

Oklahoma Senate passes open carry bill

By BARBARA HOBEROCK World Capitol Bureau
Published: 4/21/2010 11:37 AM
Last Modified: 4/21/2010 11:47 AM

OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill allowing those with concealed carry permits to openly carry weapons passed the Senate.

House Bill 3354 passed on Wednesday with no debate and heads to the House. The vote was 33-15.

Rep. Rex Duncan, R-Sand Springs, and Sen. Anthony Sykes, R-Moore, are the sponsors of the measure.

. . .

Robocop

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
To OKLAHOMA
From TEXAS

Please send us some of your legislators. The 33 that voted yes would be nice. We will return them upon Texas going Open Carry. Thanks for your help.

Your southern neighbor,
Texas
Amen to that!

SemperFiTexan

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
To OKLAHOMA
From TEXAS

Please send us some of your legislators. The 33 that voted yes would be nice. We will return them upon Texas going Open Carry. Thanks for your help.

Your southern neighbor,
Texas

Ditto!

If only Texas has some legislators with backbone!

okboomer

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
To OKLAHOMA
From TEXAS

Your southern neighbor,
Texas

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Great news. Any move toward OC is a good one. Still, I hope the next move will be to un-hook OC from the CCW permit. After all, if Oklahomans have the right to keep and bear arms, why should they need a permit to exercise the basic form of that right: open carry? :question:

AmericanBob

imported post

Mainly because there is money to be made by the state. I agree, god has granted us our freedoms, and our constitution has guaranteed it, I just love those libs that say it is ok to have a gun, but then LIMIT your ability to carry it. Who are they kidding? we need to vote all dems out along with RINOS too, (republicans in name only)

KansasMustang

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Great news. Any move toward OC is a good one. Still, I hope the next move will be to un-hook OC from the CCW permit. After all, if Oklahomans have the right to keep and bear arms, why should they need a permit to exercise the basic form of that right: open carry? :question:
You beat me to the punch Dutch, I was going to say the same thing. It'd be better if it was unhooked from the CCW permit, but hey, one small step for Oklahomans, one giant leap
+1

rodbender

imported post

One_Shot wrote:
Ditto!

If only Texas has some legislators with backbone!

Almost all of the legislators in Texas are gutless cowards. I think that the gutless Perry should call a special session to deal with a lot of issues that are very pressing at the moment. He won't because, well, he's got no intestinal fortitude.

I find it very hard to believe that the people of Texas chose him to be the Republican nominee over the best candidate we've seen in decades. Maybe the people of Texas (as a whole)have become just as gutless as our leaders. I think it is time to make a move to Arizona.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

I was shocked the first time I read that Texas was no-OC. I always thought Texas was where cowboys came from, and whoever heard of a cowboy without a gun? I'm rooting for you guys. Hopefully they take a look at OK and follow suit.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Hopefully the Oklahoma House and Gov. go along with this and legalize OC this year in oklahoma.

Then you guys in Texas and Arkansas can try to make another go of it - clearly it needed to become an issue in teh exas Gov's race and then the winner needs to follow thru