• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peters indoor range....Great people, good time

fozzy71

imported post

That's where I shoot as it is about 2 miles from me. I was there this morning as a matter of fact. :cool:

Last time I was there I saw one guy shooting that had attached a small chain and wight to the bottom of the target to stabilize it.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

i didnt have any problems with a moving target, as in what so ever, it was perfectly still at all times.....idk what other people have experienced but my target moved less than a tree......trusting that my memory is correct

nate0486

imported post

they are deff. anti-oc and their is a sign posted on the door. it is like 2 blocks away from me so i go there a lot. the targets jump and move around on some lanes and not on others.(must be where the vents are) ventilation on the range is not the greatest but its cheap and close so i do shoot there, but rather drive to other ranges if I feel like breathing clean air while i shoot. the guys that work there are pretty cool and helpful

fozzy71

imported post

I imagine some lanes are worse than others. I usually shoot towards the left end of the range and haven't noticed very much wind/movement.

My hand shakes more than the target. :uhoh:

fozzy71

imported post

Will do. I bought 300 rounds today, on the way back from getting my prints taken for my CPL, and only shot 100.

Walmart didnt have any 9x19 when I stopped there last week so I stopped at Meijer today on the way down Groessbeck. They had the Lellier & Bellot for $15/50. Peter's charges $20 for the same ammo, and MichiGun charges $17. :(

scot623

imported post

Peters in good and bad. I've been there a lot. First, I've never had a problem charging the $10 fee. Secondly, the place is a dump...flapping targets and all. Absolutely Anti-OC. Guys aren't exactly friendly, more like tolerable dicks. But, it is dirt cheap, I've never been held to a time limit, and you can rapid fire 'till your hearts desire. That being said, I'm going to Target Sports from now on, they are OC friendly. 2 miles to Peters versus 10 miles to Target. What's it worth to you to have your OC rights supported?

autosurgeon

imported post

malignity wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
Is all wolf steel core?

I thought it had more to do with the aluminum casings :/

+1.

I'm pretty sure this is part, if not all of the reason. They can't make money on the aluminum casings like they can with brass, so they ban it. Boo hoo. All the ranges I've ever been to have been like this. A good bullet catch isn't going to be effected by a tiny steel core imo.

On the other side of the coin, wolf ammo imo is garbage, and I can get the calibers I need in brass for the same price at Wal-Mart. :lol:
Whatever.. I disagree on wolf being garbage and I can get it by the case 3 to 4 dollars per 50 cheaper... however that is with my discount for having my FFL.

I have shot cases and cases of the stuff and while it smells funny I have found it to be accurate and not significantly dirtier than WWB.

I pretty much only use 7.62x39 in wolf any more as I reload 9mm luger.

And I use Brown or Silver Bear in my CZ82

The main reason indoor ranges don't like it is they cannot resell the brass.... BC it is steel cased.

fozzy71

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Peters in good and bad. I've been there a lot. First, I've never had a problem charging the $10 fee. Secondly, the place is a dump...flapping targets and all. Absolutely Anti-OC. Guys aren't exactly friendly, more like tolerable dicks. But, it is dirt cheap, I've never been held to a time limit, and you can rapid fire 'till your hearts desire. That being said, I'm going to Target Sports from now on, they are OC friendly. 2 miles to Peters versus 10 miles to Target. What's it worth to you to have your OC rights supported?

I plan to make a trip to Target in a couple weeks, when I build my savings account backup, to buy a gun. I had to help out my brother so I am a little light on funds right now. Good news is my rent is paid through June. :cool:

Recoil88

imported post

I went to peters yesterday for the first time it was a good experience. The fact that they dont permit OC is not a big deal to me as i have my CPL. Now i would like to go try Target out there in Royal Oak my brother went there a while back said it was good just some of the guys that worked there seemed like a holes. Now i have been to Double Action many times over the years i bought my pistol there too. But i will no longer go there and i cut up my 1 yr membership because the people there are just not that friendly and seem to have an attitude most of time. Anyone else been shooting at Double Action? If so what was your experience there?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
I went to peters yesterday for the first time it was a good experience. The fact that they dont permit OC is not a big deal to me as i have my CPL. Now i would like to go try Target out there in Royal Oak my brother went there a while back said it was good just some of the guys that worked there seemed like a holes. Now i have been to Double Action many times over the years i bought my pistol there too. But i will no longer go there and i cut up my 1 yr membership because the people there are just not that friendly and seem to have an attitude most of time. Anyone else been shooting at Double Action? If so what was your experience there?

A few

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=33334&forum_id=30&highlight=Double+Action

Recoil88

imported post

Thanks for that link springer it was informative. When i purchased my pistol there the guy that sold it to me was friendly and very helpful.But when i went back a week later to shoot him and 2 others were just straight up dicks. Giving me disgusted looks and him giving me an attitude. I hear from a good friend that Okland county sheriffs run that place anyways. Now if i ever had the money and the means to i would definetly like to open up a gun store/shooting range and allow OC and when someone purchased a firearm from me i would take them straight to the range personally and show them how to safely operate their new firearm and how to clean it after get done shooting. I think that would definetly keep the customers coming back to use the range and do business. But most importantly they would know before they left the store how to safely operate their new firearm.

Ruckus

imported post

Brown Bear further up Gratiot just before 21 Mile Road I believe is OC friendly. I've OC'd there before and I believe Sprinklerguy had told me once that we needed to get George a sticker that will work with his non-glass door. That corner out here could really use the biz too. Lots of business closings in the last two years.

I recently got my LCR there for $449.99 when everywhere else in town (Michigun, DA, Peters, Target, etc) was at $479.99, $529.99, and $549.99. Brown Bear's got a pretty decent range too. It's not Peters range prices, but it's local to me and I like it.

Anyway, just saying in case some of you guys wanted to keep your money oc friendly and on the east side in Macomb County here.

fozzy71

imported post

Thank you for the suggestion. 14.5 Miles, 25 minutes away from me in Roseville. I will have to check them out in a month or 2 when I am ready to buy my 2nd pistol.

Ruckus

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. 14.5 Miles, 25 minutes away from me in Roseville. I will have to check them out in a month or 2 when I am ready to buy my 2nd pistol.
Brown Bear at 21 and Gratiot is 25 mins away? Nah...Just a 10 minute shot up I-94.

fozzy71

imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:
Brown Bear at 21 and Gratiot is 25 mins away? Nah...Just a 10 minute shot up I-94.

According to Google Maps. :?

I am near 10 & Gratiot. Either way, it is well worth the drive if they have a decent selection, good prices, and are OC friendly. ;)

Ruckus

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
bandersnatch wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:

According to Google Maps. :?

I am near 10 & Gratiot. Either way, it is well worth the drive if they have a decent selection, good prices, and are OC friendly. ;)
I grew up in SCS (11/Little Mack) and still know some people who still think Chesterfield is the boonies. It's really not. 10 minutes up 94, 15 up Gratiot, maybe 20 if you drive really slow :D