Thread: FBX (Fort Bend County Citizens' Auxiliary)

Post imported post

Our second meeting will be at Buffalo Wild Wings on May 8 at 1200.

The address is 1401 Hwy 6 in Sugar Land. This is about 1/2 mile north of US 59.

If you can make it, we would be glad to see you.

Post imported post

Supporting our local Sheriff (Who is actually worth a damn)

Is the Sheriff asking you all to come together?

Post imported post

Shawn,

He is now. He said he really could have used us during hurricanes to ride 4 wheelers up and down the highways when they were clogged with stuck people and hand out food and water and keep an eye out for medical emergencies, etc.

He wants us to be able to field a group of 10-20 men if he needs us, with our own gear. We would be volunteers, and would be getting valuable training and reputation in the county.

The end goal is to demonstrate how a state militia could work so we can agitate for legislative action, like in Oklahoma right now.

Post imported post

I am interested and will try to attend.

Post imported post

Some sheriffs are slow learners. I've been part of one of our sheriff's volunteer emergency service teams for 11 years, and I'm a newcomer.

We have Search and Rescue, Jeep Patrol, Mounted Posse, Timpanogos (mountain) Emergency Response Team and the Sheriffs Communications Auxiliary Team.

Search and Rescue has teams for mountain rescue, swift-water rescue, open water, dive rescue and recovery, ice rescue, cave and avalanche.

Good luck.

Post imported post

Could you please let us know when the next meeting will be?

Post imported post

It is kind of on hold right now until we can get some more interest. I posted many fliers, and spoke with many gun store managers, people and customers. They all sounded very positive, but no one showed up to the meeting. If we can get some genuine interest, we will keep working on it. So far, though, no one in FB county seems interested.

Post imported post

I am interested. I only missed the last meeting because the time was not good for me. Saturdays are the only days that I get to do yard work, and I have a lot to do. A later time might be better for others as well.

Post imported post

Just curious, are you required to wear a uniform while on duty? Does the Sheriff require you to be unarmed while in such uniform and on duty?

I ask because we have several Sheriff's auxiliaries in Virginia and they usually require you to wear a uniform that makes you look like a cop, but forbids you from carrying any kinds of weapons at all for defending yourself.

Post imported post

Anything new on the horizon?