• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner?

kenpoprofessor

imported post

THE DINNER IS SET FOR THE 24TH AT THE GOLDEN CORRAL ON 56TH AVE AND NORTHERN at 1800 (6pm)

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Grimes

imported post

Thanks Clyde, I'll try and make it, but if not, I'll definitely be at the next one.

Grimes

imported post

The dinners, as I see them are to meet all my fellow OCer's and spend some time getting to know them, and it raises awareness of the OC movement.

mFonz77

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but what is the purpose of an OC dinner?

Purpose for me: meet fellow members of the carry community, see what others are carryin' (gun pr0n), and have a good time.

Purpose for sheeple: show that gun owners do not uniformly fall into the Billy-Bob shotgun archetype and are capable of keeping their guns in their holsters (unless needed) and living quite normal lives without them evil black guns just up and shooting people by themselves.

GWbiker

imported post

mFonz77 wrote:
>meso.40< wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but what is the purpose of an OC dinner?

Purpose for me: meet fellow members of the carry community, see what others are carryin' (gun pr0n), and have a good time.

Purpose for sheeple: show that gun owners do not uniformly fall into the Billy-Bob shotgun archetype and are capable of keeping their guns in their holsters (unless needed) and living quite normal lives without them evil black guns just up and shooting people by themselves.

Just a few days ago, about 20 Tucson area residents did OC into a restaurant called "Beyond Bread", a place where liberal minded folks usually gather to eat, meet and use the free Internet. We were greeted at the door by the young female manager who knew beforehand of our intended visit.

We had a fine late lunch. There were no panic induced phone calls to 911. No children were frightened or traumatized and NOT ONE gun suddenly jumped out of it's holster to begin wildly attacking other customers.

In short we had a great time....:celebrate

After all, this is the "Wild West".

kenpoprofessor

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Just a few days ago, about 20 Tucson area residents did OC into a restaurant called "Beyond Bread", a place where liberal minded folks usually gather to eat, meet and use the free Internet. We were greeted at the door by the young female manager who knew beforehand of our intended visit.

We had a fine late lunch. There were no panic induced phone calls to 911. No children were frightened or traumatized and NOT ONE gun suddenly jumped out of it's holster to begin wildly attacking other customers.

In short we had a great time....:celebrate

After all, this is the "Wild West".

Kinda wished I'd been down there for that to support you guys. Meanwhile, only a few people turned up for the protest at Marksman on 29th st..:cry:

Clyde

kenpoprofessor

imported post

SANY0001-1.jpg

SANY0003-1.jpg

SANY0005-2.jpg

SANY0007-1.jpg

SANY0002-1.jpg

Here's a few pics of the event for those that didn't make it. Manyof the regulars (around 20)were at a CC event to patronize a resturaunt that removed their gunbuster sign.

Clyde

mzbk2l

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Manyof the regulars (around 20)were at a CC event to patronize a resturaunt that removed their gunbuster sign.

Clyde
That's great news! Which restaurant was it? I'd like to patronize them, and let them know why I went out of my way to show up.

protector84

imported post

Thanks for the photos, kenpo. That one you got of me was classic. Maybe I'll print it out and show to my liberal co-workers at work.