• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lost cwp

Dansjeep2000

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
dougwg wrote:
smellslikemichigan wrote:
what did CV67PAT do to get banned? again.
Yeah...this is really starting to smell like BS to me...
He keeps starting and perpetuating off topic rants... Mike and John both have stated this type of thing will not be tolerated. ESP when it is done for the sole purpose of attacking another posters integrity.

Note if you don't understand reread the AUP.
So Pat is gone? Again?

lil_freak_66

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
dougwg wrote:
what did CV67PAT do to get banned? again.
Yeah...this is really starting to smell like BS to me...

i don't get it, i'm mean he's a cranky old man, but he doesn't say anything out of line. :banghead::shock:
In the public forums, no.

IMOP he is often out of line on the forums.

but yes private is WAY worse...if yall ever read what he's said to me in private your jaw would be halfway to the floot.

not to mention using a pic of me as his display.

but i feel talk of patis for another time at another place,and preferably not at all,it'd probably lead to arguments.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
So, back to the last viable question. Did the OP have his CPL suspended or revoked?

"I lost my cwp , because of one night bad judgement I got a driving while visibly impaired . How long before I may reapply for my cwp?"

Assuming this to be the first violation...

Per 28.425k, illegal BAC and/or use of controlled substances leads to revocation of the CPL, some violations, permanently. However, a charge/conviction of visibly impaired does not necessarily constitute use of alcohol and/or controlled substances.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
So, back to the last viable question. Did the OP have his CPL suspended or revoked?

"I lost my cwp , because of one night bad judgement I got a driving while visibly impaired . How long before I may reapply for my cwp?"

Per 28.425k, illegal BAC and/or use of controlled substances leads to revocation of the CPL, some violations, permanently. However, a charge/conviction of visibly impaired does not necessarily constitute use of alcohol and/or controlled substances.
Ok, but, does permanent really mean permanent in this case? If we assume for the moment the substance was legal (alcohol), then, also, if this was a first offense, the OP should be able to apply for his CPL after 3 years, should he not?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

Ok, but, does permanent really mean permanent in this case? If we assume for the moment the substance was legal (alcohol), then, also, if this was a first offense, the OP should be able to apply for his CPL after 3 years, should he not?

Assuming his chemical analysis reviled a BAC of 0.03...

Per 28.425k:

(c) If the person had a bodily alcohol content of .02 or more but less than .08 grams per 100 milliliters of blood, per 210 liters of breath, or per 67 milliliters of urine, the individual is responsible for a state civil infraction and may be fined not more than $100.00. The court may order the concealed weapon licensing board that issued the individual the license to revoke the license for 1 year. The concealed weapon licensing board shall revoke the license as ordered by the court. The court shall notify the concealed weapon licensing board that issued the individual a license to carry a concealed pistol if an individual is found responsible for a subsequent violation of this subdivision.

Keyword "may."

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

Assuming his chemical analysis reviled a BAC of 0.03...

Per 28.425k:

(c) If the person had a bodily alcohol content of .02 or more but less than .08 grams per 100 milliliters of blood, per 210 liters of breath, or per 67 milliliters of urine, the individual is responsible for a state civil infraction and may be fined not more than $100.00. The court may order the concealed weapon licensing board that issued the individual the license to revoke the license for 1 year. The concealed weapon licensing board shall revoke the license as ordered by the court. The court shall notify the concealed weapon licensing board that issued the individual a license to carry a concealed pistol if an individual is found responsible for a subsequent violation of this subdivision.

Keyword "may."
But then the question is, was he packing when he was "over the limit" or was he just driving while impaired.

WARCHILD

imported post

If they follow what was posted on the MSP site; on a suspension the first one is 6 months, the second is 1 year, if you get a third violation, it's permanent revocation.
IIRC; this is also in the CPL packet paperwork.

JMO

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
If they follow what was posted on the MSP site; on a suspension the first one is 6 months, the second is 1 year, if you get a third violation, it's permanent revocation.

JMO
Next big question, is the OP going to have problems when it expires and he goes to get it renewed!!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

JMO
Next big question, is the OP going to have problems when it expires and he goes to get it renewed!!
Good question and I looked for an answer but could not find one. My first guess would be: Due to the Court ordering the licensing board to revoke/suspend a license, I would think to reinstate the license, you would most likely have to appear in front of the board for approval. I highly doubt that after your revocation/suspension has expired that the reinstatement is automatically applied.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

JMO
Good question and I looked for an answer but could not find one. My first guess would be: Due to the Court ordering the licensing board to revoke/suspend a license, I would think to reinstate the license, you would most likely have to appear in front of the board for approval. I highly doubt that after your revocation/suspension has expired that the reinstatement is automatically applied.
I would expect, in the case of a revocation, he'd have to wait the 3 years mandated by law. But following a suspension? I dunno. A 6 month suspension should mean just that, 6 months, then you get your license back. Although he may have to go before the county gun board for that, and I expect there to be some act of contrition or something. Maybe 3 hail Marys and 4 our Fathers. :)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I would expect, in the case of a revocation, he'd have to wait the 3 years mandated by law. But following a suspension? I dunno. A 6 month suspension should mean just that, 6 months, then you get your license back. Although he may have to go before the county gun board for that, and I expect there to be some act of contrition or something. Maybe 3 hail Marys and 4 our Fathers.
Yes, that's what I was saying/guessing. In other words,if a person's drivers license is suspended and after the suspension has expired, fines paid, etc, the person is still required to go through a reinstatemnet process with SOS (more fees)to receive his or her drivers license back--it's (DL) not automatically reinstated and mailed to you.