• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just bought my first glock short review

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Glock 36 with three magazines

It is a little bigger (longer, but basically same width) than the Kahrs I own.

They are easy to modify and I ordered a threaded barrel for it.

Overall I would say itappears to beeasy to carry as it is a single stack.

Probably reliable.

I like the slim profile, but I think my hand fits the G 30 better due to the thicker grip which holds the double stack magazine.

No rail, but I don't need a rail.

I bought it off ametro nashville police sergeantin a firearms forum listing in a FTF deal, no paperwork.

this is the guy I bought it from and what he said about me.

March 14, 2010 he said, "Full on idiot. Wish him all the worst." Then he sold me a gun out of his pickup truck...

hikerpaddler3-14-2010post11editedby.jpg

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I bought it April 15, 2010

Since my BOLO says I have to contact det. locke of the SID in the metro police department I'm going to do so. It's crazy that the state thinks I'm a risk for harm to the public and a metro cop sells me a gun...:shock:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I guess I don't get it... is this some kind of weird thing that Tennessee has for private party handgun transactions? Why should you have to talk to some detective after having purchased a handgun from another officer?

Or am I TOTALLY misunderstanding things?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Ruger wrote:

TheMetro Nashville Police Departmenthas put out a couple of BOLOs on me.The City of Belle Meade, City of Brentwood, and Williamson County are investigating me. The FBI, ATF and Homeland Security have been informed about methroughthe Tennessee Bureau of Investigations.The State suspended my handgun carry permit because according to them I am a, "material risk of harm to the public."

Now a MNPD sergeant sells me a handgun out of his truck a few days ago.

I have called DET. Locke but he hasn't returned my call yet.

RussP deleted the thread on Glocktalk, not sure why...

You can't make this stuff up.

The point is I like the handgun. It isn't a Kahr, but it'll do and threaded barrels are only $115.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Wow.... :shock:

I don't want this to come off the wrong way, because I am in NO WAY attacking you kwik, and I really don't want this thread to become another debate on the merits of carrying an AK/AR-style pistol,BUT..... Did you ever think that this could have been avoided by choosing to carry a more conventional handgun? Most OC'ers don't face this kind of harassment, even in TN.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

That has already been discussed. This thread is all about the "slim line" Glock 36. I think it is a great little gun with lots of potential. Especially for those who like plastic and like to modify.

RussP

imported post

Ruger wrote:
Wow.... :shock:

I don't want this to come off the wrong way, because I am in NO WAY attacking you kwik, and I really don't want this thread to become another debate on the merits of carrying an AK/AR-style pistol,BUT..... Did you ever think that this could have been avoided by choosing to carry a more conventional handgun? Most OC'ers don't face this kind of harassment, even in TN.
To answer your question using his words:

08-23-2009, 15:56 "I can't wait for a cop to arrest me because I open carried a handgun and someone called 911. It's almost happened twice but no cigar, yet. Maybe carrying a PLR-16 or AK pistol will change that."

08-25-2009, 11:55 "At some point I will be arrested for legally open carrying. I haven't met the right cop yet. Maybe I need to dress down or get a bigger handgun like a PLR-16. Don't worry, I'll post the details here. I am authorized to open carry in Tennessee."

10-01-2009, 10:49 "Open carry large 5" or bigger handgun like a .44 mag .460 .50ae .50s&w Just curious if anyone regularly open carries a large 5" or longer barrel large caliber handgun. Or maybe even a rifle caliber handgun like 7.62x39 or 5.56 or 6.8spc or 6.5 grendal (not .22lr). If you do what has been your experience? I've been carrying a smith and wesson model 29-3 .44 magnum six inch barrel for about a week and have only been stopped once by a park ranger. I carry it because I can."
From those quotes he changed from the S&W Model 29-3 to the AK because it did not get him that "cigar" he's seeking.

And, yes, the G36 is a nice pistol. I sold mine. It did not fit my hand as well as the larger .45's.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
jimmy356 wrote:
hikerpaddler does not work for MNPD. He says he is federal.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15139075#post15139075
That's 1 untruth...Not you Jimmy, kwik.

Does that G36 have night sights?
:cool:
I might be wrong, but am fairly certain hetold me was a metro sgt and he had just qualified with the gun. I read another forum wherehe says he only works for the federal reserve, but that was back in 2002.

Plastic, but they're too short to work with a suppressor.

open4years

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Ruger wrote:

The Metro Nashville Police Department has put out a couple of BOLOs on me. The City of Belle Meade, City of Brentwood, and Williamson County are investigating me. The FBI, ATF and Homeland Security have been informed about me through the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations. The State suspended my handgun carry permit because according to them I am a, "material risk of harm to the public."

Now a MNPD sergeant sells me a handgun out of his truck a few days
ago.

I have called DET. Locke but he hasn't returned my call yet.

RussP deleted the thread on Glocktalk, not sure why...
You can't make this stuff up.

First off, I have the G36, but I'm more concerned about you. Were you told verbally, or in writing that you can NOT have a handgun even at home? I wouldn't have purchased a gun from anyone right now, due to your legal issues, and certainly not a LEO.

If you are not supposed to have one, maybe that is why the LEO posted what he did. But, if he knowingly sold to someone who he knows legally can't own one, he will be in hot water - unless it was a sting. That would be a strange way to conduct one by advertising in the paper. WAIT, if they were targeting anyone who knows they can't own a gun, but why not arrest you on the spot.

No offense, but I'm shocked that you would purchase one when you seem to be in deep doo doo. If they had a BOLO on you, why didn't the LEO arrest you on the spot? Plus, I assume you must be in hiding - otherwise why haven't they knocked on your door yet.

Good luck; You're going to need it along with an attorney. Get an attorney and turn yourself in dude.

The point is I like the handgun. It isn't a Kahr, but it'll do and threaded barrels are only $115.