• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just bought my first glock short review

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

open4years wrote:
First off, I have the G36, but I'm more concerned about you. Were you told verbally, or in writing that you can NOT have a handgun even at home? I wouldn't have purchased a gun from anyone right now, due to your legal issues, and certainly not a LEO.

If you are not supposed to have one, maybe that is why the LEO posted what he did. But, if he knowingly sold to someone who he knows legally can't own one, he will be in hot water - unless it was a sting. That would be a strange way to conduct one by advertising in the paper. WAIT, if they were targeting anyone who knows they can't own a gun, but why not arrest you on the spot.

No offense, but I'm shocked that you would purchase one when you seem to be in deep doo doo. If they had a BOLO on you, why didn't the LEO arrest you on the spot? Plus, I assume you must be in hiding - otherwise why haven't they knocked on your door yet.

Good luck; You're going to need it along with an attorney. Get an attorney and turn yourself in dude.
Turn myself in for what? Writing a review for the glock?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

The lone wolf threaded barrel fits just fine and looks pretty good except for the lone wolf logo.

glock36threadedbarrel.jpg

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
The lone wolf threaded barrel fits just fine and looks pretty good except for the lone wolf logo.

uhhh... nice?

now you can attach a suppressor and run it in a drop leg.

hahahahhaha

that way if your going to be attacked by any less than 8 bad guys you dont need to mow em down with your ak...you can just pull out that surpressed glock and fight crime without even waking the neighbors.

hahahahaha

so when are you gonna paint this one orange?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

uhhh... nice?

now you can attach a suppressor and run it in a drop leg.

hahahahhaha

that way if your going to be attacked by any less than 8 bad guys you dont need to mow em down with your ak...you can just pull out that surpressed glock and fight crime without even waking the neighbors.

hahahahaha

so when are you gonna paint this one orange?
If I wanted to carry in a drop leg I would have bought a fullsize double stack. I bought this for one purpose, concealed carry. It would still make an okay open carry handgun.

M

McX

imported post

nice hardware. wish i had money. like pics of nekked guns!

B.O.L.O= Bullsh**. Obviously. Leave. Out.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
If I wanted to carry in a drop leg I would have bought a fullsize double stack. I bought this for one purpose, concealed carry. It would still make an okay open carry handgun.
What holster for concealed with a suppressor?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Where did I say anything about carrying concealed this with a suppressor? Or for that matter carrying this openly with a suppressor?

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Where did I say anything about carrying concealed this with a suppressor? Or for that matter carrying this openly with a suppressor?

Dude, you crack me up. hahaha

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Maybe it is the threaded barrel and your application for a tax stamp to buy a suppressor.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Maybe it is the threaded barrel and your application for a tax stamp to buy a suppressor.

The application for a tax stamp comes after the purchase of the suppressor. Possesion can only take place after the tax stamp is received.

The threaded barrel is longer than the stock barrel and accessories other than silencers can be purchased for a threaded barrel.

If I were to buy a suppressor for this and receive a tax stamp I could choose to keep the suppressor locked up and not use it or use it to protect from hearing loss at the range. Ownership of a suppressor does not mean the owner will carry the suppressor.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

The application for a tax stamp comes after the purchase of the suppressor. Possesion can only take place after the tax stamp is received.

The threaded barrel is longer than the stock barrel and accessories other than silencers can be purchased for a threaded barrel.

If I were to buy a suppressor for this and receive a tax stamp I could choose to keep the suppressor locked up and not use it or use it to protect from hearing loss at the range. Ownership of a suppressor does not mean the owner will carry the suppressor.
It is legal to carry a suppressed firearm in Tennessee, isn't it?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
There is no law that I can find which states it is illegal. I'm not worried I haven't said I planned on carrying it with a suppressor.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
There is no law that I can find which states it is illegal. I'm not worried I haven't said I planned on carrying it with a suppressor.
That's right, you haven't said.

giaking70

imported post

since you have a G36...ever thought about going upwards to a G37? Its chambered for the .45GAP and it is literally almost the same size as the G22 but it does shoot like an ACP but with the 9mm recoil AND with 10 shot mags, really can't go wrong there. I use it as my service pistol and my OC weapon. Just adding some foods for thoughts here, nothing wrong with a G36...

4angrybadgers

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
since you have a G36...ever thought about going upwards to a G37? Its chambered for the .45GAP and it is literally almost the same size as the G22 but it does shoot like an ACP but with the 9mm recoil AND with 10 shot mags, really can't go wrong there. I use it as my service pistol and my OC weapon. Just adding some foods for thoughts here, nothing wrong with a G36...
.45GAP ammo is hard to find (or nonexistent) in a lot of places.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
nor have I typed
That's right, you haven't typed...but...

Marco

imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
nor have I typed
So, what if the man wants a suppressor!!!
There are advantages to owning and using suppressed firearms for legal purposes.

Hell, having one on a home defense gun to limit hearing lose is a danm good reason, especailly if you have kids.
It'sfor the safety/protection of the children.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
nor have I typed
So, what if the man wants a suppressor!!!
There are advantages to owning and using suppressed firearms for legal purposes.

Hell, having one on a home defense gun to limit hearing lose is a danm good reason, especailly if you have kids.
It'sfor the safety/protection of the children.
There are very legitimate reasons to suppress a firearm.

giaking70

imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
giaking70 wrote:
.45GAP ammo is hard to find (or nonexistent) in a lot of places.
yes it is in some places like you stated, but that's why I buy in bulk when I am able. Still a good weapon none the less...