• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry with IWB?

JBauer

imported post

I know this has been mentioned once before on the board, but not in any great depth. Do any of you guys open carry with an IWB holster with the shirt behind the grip? I know it's referred to as the "Virginia Tuck" and there was one member who said they had, but I was wondering if there's anybody else in MO who carries this way.

I have an OWB paddle, but I prefer how much more secure my IWB feels and that it is slightly more discrete.

Big Boy

imported post

Considering there is no actual law on open carry, I would never risk it. I never want any body to even be able to hint that my gun might be concealed. I guess if you have a CCW permit it's no big deal...

But I don't, do I wouldn't risk it.

SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC

imported post

Hello Everyone:

Matt with Sovereign Arms LLC here. I carry my G30 in a blade tech IWB like this with my shirt tucked in all most every day. I also carry my primary G21 in a tactical thigh rig open carry everyday as well. We research the laws and municipalities that disallow open carry and then I just carry concealed if it is an issue. I have found Sunset Hills to be one of the most receptive and knowledgeable in regard to businesses and police knowing the laws in regard to open carry. As far as the IWB and the inference to it being partially concealed/partially open. If a law enforcement officer can see the firearm grip and back strap I think they are going to know right away you have a firearm. So much depends on our attitude and knowledge of the MO state statutes, and municipal codes when interacting with law enforcement. Being articulate/ well educated in what your rights are / confident yet not rude when speaking with officers/ should normally allow the situation to remain beneficial for all involved. SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC is a licensed Federal Firearms dealer with retail store and Indoor Shooting range. MO/FL concealed carry instructors/ NRA instructors in advanced self defense handgun classes Personal Protection in the Home/Personal Protection Outside the Home/ Sig Direct Dealer/ Glock /Springfield Armory Stocking Dealer/Cold Steel/ Fobus Holster/ NightForce scopes distributors/ www.sovereignarms.com 636-287-8821

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm frequently CC IWB at the office (in a city that bans OC but nowhere else does in the county) but then travel elsewhere in the county and take off my sports coat or jacket and am OC IWB. I do have a CCW so I am covered either way but haven't had any issues with it.