Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Gun Buy Back

  1. #1
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Will post locations when I find out were. I plan on being present at one of the locations with opposite view point...p

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California, USA
    Posts
    289

    Post imported post

    As long as it outside any GFSZ, I think this would be an excellent time for a group UOC

  3. #3
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    Army wrote:
    As long as it outside any GFSZ, I think this would be an excellent time for a group UOC
    Or just do what Pullnshoot25 did... Have signs telling people they can get real money for their firearms at a dealer.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    210

    Post imported post

    Ca Patriot wrote:
    1....However, I saw later on the news that people turned in full operational and LEGAL AR-15's...
    2. I am going to purchase about 20 more unoperable guns for about $5 each and go turn them in to the liberal LA pukes and make money. Then, I am going to use that money to buy a REAL gun that works
    1. lol if i was in charge i would have cleaned them up and tested them to make sure theyre reliable and added them to the department inventory to save $800+ on a colt gov't model AR, unless theyve gone up in price like every thing else...

    2.I like your logic +1 for a good/hillarious idea. I can picture you walking up with a carboard box full of innoperable guns and plopping them onto the table.

    nothings better than 20+ guns(even if theyre non-op's)off the streets and one gun in the hand of a law abiding citizen:celebrate

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Clovis, California, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California, USA
    Posts
    289

    Post imported post

    GlockFanatic943 wrote:
    I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to
    Really? That's YOUR MONEY they are using for guns THEY DID NOT SELL. How exactly are they buying them back?

    Please show me any proof what-so-ever that these are guns turned in by hard criminals. The late model Sharps Carbine .45-70 I spotted at an LA turn in....should have been sent to a museum....not a scrap heap. Hardly a first choice gat for a drive-by.

    "Buy backs" do nothing for crime, other than make old Aunt Mildred less safe because she turned in late Uncle Fred's Singer Sewing Machine Co made 1911 for a $100 shoe store coupon. The world is out a $50,000 handgun, Aunt Mildred can no longer defend herself, and some scumbag just robbed her at gunpoint and took her shoe coupon.

    Oh yeah.....bad guy watched who was turning in guns and made notes.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    329

    Post imported post

    PaleoConis a jokerI don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Clovis, California, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Army wrote:
    GlockFanatic943 wrote:
    I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to
    Really? That's YOUR MONEY they are using for guns THEY DID NOT SELL. How exactly are they buying them back?

    Please show me any proof what-so-ever that these are guns turned in by hard criminals. The late model Sharps Carbine .45-70 I spotted at an LA turn in....should have been sent to a museum....not a scrap heap. Hardly a first choice gat for a drive-by.

    "Buy backs" do nothing for crime, other than make old Aunt Mildred less safe because she turned in late Uncle Fred's Singer Sewing Machine Co made 1911 for a $100 shoe store coupon. The world is out a $50,000 handgun, Aunt Mildred can no longer defend herself, and some scumbag just robbed her at gunpoint and took her shoe coupon.

    Oh yeah.....bad guy watched who was turning in guns and made notes.
    I dont know i just thought it was a good when i first heard about it, but after thinking deeply instead off impulse i would have to agree with you.






  9. #9
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Wc wrote:
    paleoConis a jokerI don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.
    Dear Wc:

    I have the flyer from an LAPD meet and the date is May 8, 2010. When I find the locations I will post

    Hey,Do you normally have on underwear when you crap on yourself like that. lol...p

  10. #10
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    GlockFanatic943 wrote:
    Army wrote:
    GlockFanatic943 wrote:
    I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to
    Really? That's YOUR MONEY they are using for guns THEY DID NOT SELL. How exactly are they buying them back?

    Please show me any proof what-so-ever that these are guns turned in by hard criminals. The late model Sharps Carbine .45-70 I spotted at an LA turn in....should have been sent to a museum....not a scrap heap. Hardly a first choice gat for a drive-by.

    "Buy backs" do nothing for crime, other than make old Aunt Mildred less safe because she turned in late Uncle Fred's Singer Sewing Machine Co made 1911 for a $100 shoe store coupon. The world is out a $50,000 handgun, Aunt Mildred can no longer defend herself, and some scumbag just robbed her at gunpoint and took her shoe coupon.

    Oh yeah.....bad guy watched who was turning in guns and made notes.
    I dont know i just thought it was a good when i first heard about it, but after thinking deeply instead off impulse i would have to agree with you.




    One of a few problems with the buy back is they operate under "no questions ask" so if a career jail-bird suddenly finds Jesus, valuble evidence on past crimes is forever lost. BUT LE will admit that not many bad guys will show up. So where does that leave the law abiding who will. Do you believe the premise that ciminal folk like knowing that the law abiding are surrendering their self defense tools. Well I do...p

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    329

    Post imported post

    PaleoCon wrote:
    Wc wrote:
    paleoConis a jokerI don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.
    Dear Wc:

    I have the flyer from an LAPD meet and the date is May 8, 2010. When I find the locations I will post

    Hey,Do you normally have on underwear when you crap on yourself like that. lol...picture
    Yep!, I were right about their last year photo and video.It isn't nice to fool mother nature on Mother's Day weekend!

  12. #12
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    poothrowingape wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    1....However, I saw later on the news that people turned in full operational and LEGAL AR-15's...
    2. I am going to purchase about 20 more unoperable guns for about $5 each and go turn them in to the liberal LA pukes and make money. Then, I am going to use that money to buy a REAL gun that works
    1. lol if i was in charge i would have cleaned them up and tested them to make sure theyre reliable and added them to the department inventory to save $800+ on a colt gov't model AR, unless theyve gone up in price like every thing else...

    2.I like your logic +1 for a good/hillarious idea. I can picture you walking up with a carboard box full of innoperable guns and plopping them onto the table.

    nothings better than 20+ guns(even if theyre non-op's)off the streets and one gun in the hand of a law abiding citizen:celebrate
    I like the ones where they offer about $100.00 morefor "Assault Weapons". My idea was to set up a table and thread pistol barrels for $25.00 a piece. Let the sellers make an additional $75.00 from the Govt.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Do not oc at these types of events, that is no bueno. In fact, leave open carry completely out of the photo. Do not give screen names and certainly do not carry id. Having a designated "mule" to hold personaL effects would be good.

    I got ideas for this if anyone is interested.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Here is a link to all the details.

    http://cbs2.com/misc/Gun.Buyback.FAQ.2.1650557.html

    If anyone is up there and has time to spare for this, shoot me an email to trackerpacker@gmail.com and include your phone number. I have some ideas cooking.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Here is a link to all the details.

    http://cbs2.com/misc/Gun.Buyback.FAQ.2.1650557.html

    If anyone is up there and has time to spare for this, shoot me an email to trackerpacker@gmail.com and include your phone number. I have some ideas cooking.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Ca Patriot wrote:
    I am planning to open carry at the one nearest me. It should be a hoot !!
    Allow me to repeat myself...

    DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

    There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Ca Patriot wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    I am planning to open carry at the one nearest me. It should be a hoot !!
    Allow me to repeat myself...

    DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

    There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.


    Why would it be a bad idea to open carry at these events ?
    Aside from adding fuel to the the blazing legislative inferno and dealing with LAPD cops who would love nothing more than even the slightest excuse to crack skulls for "insolent" behavior? Not much.

  18. #18
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    I am planning to open carry at the one nearest me. It should be a hoot !!
    Allow me to repeat myself...

    DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

    There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.


    Why would it be a bad idea to open carry at these events ?
    Aside from adding fuel to the the blazing legislative inferno and dealing with LAPD cops who would love nothing more than even the slightest excuse to crack skulls for "insolent" behavior? Not much.
    There is also the issue of organizers scheduling such events at or near schools, in defiance of 626.9. (Which particularly interests me as it creates a zone where the law is subjectively applied... those bringing gunsto turn in are not in violation, whereas an open carrier would probably hooked up and sent to jail.)

    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  19. #19
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Thank you PullnShoot:

    I have listed the locations hear from the link.

    LOCATIONS:

    East Los Angeles

    Hollenbeck Area
    Legacy LA
    1350 N. San Pablo Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90015

    Valley

    Mission Area
    Facey Medical Building
    11165 N. Sepulveda Blvd
    Mission Hills, CA 91345

    West Los Angeles

    Hollywood Area
    Farm Fresh Ranch Grocery Store
    5520 Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90028

    South Los Angeles

    Harbor Area
    Park & Ride Parking Lot
    1300 W Pacific Coast Highway
    Wilmington, CA 90744

    77th Area
    Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
    7900 S. Western Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90047

    NOTE: People are asked to transport their firearms unloaded and in the trunk of your vehicle.

    For more information, contact: 1-877 LAPD 247.


  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    329

    Post imported post

    PaleoCon wrote:
    Thank you PullnShoot:
    Hope, that was me before PullnShoot had copied my links.

  21. #21
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    WC:

    Thank you for the post, you get the credit. Hopy ya feel better, now go wash your underwear. LOL...p



  22. #22
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    The Buy back is still on according to LAPPPL union contact, even though it still is not calendared on the PD web page

    PM Pullnshoot25 for some good and not so good ideas if you plan on going to one around the LA area with alternative view point...p

  23. #23
    Regular Member Mike Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Pedro, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    293

    Post imported post

    Bump.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North of San Diego South of LA, , USA
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    Whats with the box of chrome autos Toys or parade props? If so someone made some cash.

    http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycap...tegoryID=26369

    Reading the article i like this part
    "It's a bad economy and people are just wanting to make up for it," said Kelly Koskella, 48, of Valencia. She and her husband were hoping to get the Visa card for a small .28-caliber handgun and planned to use that to buy a new gun. "

    Ron


  25. #25
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    Ronarmedim wrote:
    Whats with the box of chrome autos Toys or parade props? If so someone made some cash.

    http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycap...tegoryID=26369

    Reading the article i like this part
    "It's a bad economy and people are just wanting to make up for it," said Kelly Koskella, 48, of Valencia. She and her husband were hoping to get the Visa card for a small .28-caliber handgun and planned to use that to buy a new gun. "

    Ron
    Were those cigarette lighters?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •