• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Buy Back

Ca Patriot

imported post

Dont bash the gun buy backs. I took 3 shotguns that I got for free andthat didnt work to an LA County Sheriffs buy back and got $300 in gift certificates.

If LA county is so stupid to pay $100 for a gun that doesnt work then I am going to take advantage of it. However, I saw later on the news that people turned in full operational and LEGAL AR-15's. The stupid county just melted them down and got like $3 a pound for the metal.

I am going to purchase about 20 more unoperable guns for about $5 each and go turn them in to the liberal LA pukes and make money. Then, I am going to use that money to buy a REAL gun that works :)

poothrowingape

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
1....However, I saw later on the news that people turned in full operational and LEGAL AR-15's...
2. I am going to purchase about 20 more unoperable guns for about $5 each and go turn them in to the liberal LA pukes and make money. Then, I am going to use that money to buy a REAL gun that works :)

1. lol if i was in charge i would have cleaned them up and tested them to make sure theyre reliable and added them to the department inventory to save $800+ on a colt gov't model AR, unless theyve gone up in price like every thing else...

2.I like your logic +1 for a good/hillarious idea. I can picture you walking up with a carboard box full of innoperable guns and plopping them onto the table.

nothings better than 20+ guns(even if theyre non-op's)off the streets and one gun in the hand of a law abiding citizen:celebrate

GlockFanatic943

imported post

I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to :banghead:

Army

imported post

GlockFanatic943 wrote:
I like the idea of the city buy back. considering it's less weapons out there for criminals to obtain. but as far as people turning in 100% legal AR-15's thats just crazy makes me want to :banghead:
Really? That's YOUR MONEY they are using for guns THEY DID NOT SELL. How exactly are they buying them back?

Please show me any proof what-so-ever that these are guns turned in by hard criminals. The late model Sharps Carbine .45-70 I spotted at an LA turn in....should have been sent to a museum....not a scrap heap. Hardly a first choice gat for a drive-by.

"Buy backs" do nothing for crime, other than make old Aunt Mildred less safe because she turned in late Uncle Fred's Singer Sewing Machine Co made 1911 for a $100 shoe store coupon. The world is out a $50,000 handgun, Aunt Mildred can no longer defend herself, and some scumbag just robbed her at gunpoint and took her shoe coupon.

Oh yeah.....bad guy watched who was turning in guns and made notes.

Wc

imported post

PaleoConis a joker:cuss:I don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Army wrote:
GlockFanatic943 wrote:
Really? That's YOUR MONEY they are using for guns THEY DID NOT SELL. How exactly are they buying them back?

Please show me any proof what-so-ever that these are guns turned in by hard criminals. The late model Sharps Carbine .45-70 I spotted at an LA turn in....should have been sent to a museum....not a scrap heap. Hardly a first choice gat for a drive-by.

"Buy backs" do nothing for crime, other than make old Aunt Mildred less safe because she turned in late Uncle Fred's Singer Sewing Machine Co made 1911 for a $100 shoe store coupon. The world is out a $50,000 handgun, Aunt Mildred can no longer defend herself, and some scumbag just robbed her at gunpoint and took her shoe coupon.

I dont know i just thought it was a good when i first heard about it, but after thinking deeply instead off impulse i would have to agree with you.

Palecon

imported post

Wc wrote:
paleoConis a joker:cuss:I don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.
Dear Wc:

I have the flyer from an LAPD meet and the date is May 8, 2010. When I find the locations I will post

Hey,Do you normally have on underwear when you crap on yourself like that. lol...p

Palecon

imported post

GlockFanatic943 wrote:
Army wrote:
GlockFanatic943 wrote:

I dont know i just thought it was a good when i first heard about it, but after thinking deeply instead off impulse i would have to agree with you.
One of a few problems with the buy back is they operate under "no questions ask" so if a career jail-bird suddenly finds Jesus, valuble evidence on past crimes is forever lost. BUT LE will admit that not many bad guys will show up. So where does that leave the law abiding who will. Do you believe the premise that ciminal folk like knowing that the law abiding are surrendering their self defense tools. Well I do...p

Wc

imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
Wc wrote:
paleoConis a joker:cuss:I don't see any eventsin Maybut it is does matched the date and time from last year event.
Dear Wc:

I have the flyer from an LAPD meet and the date is May 8, 2010. When I find the locations I will post

Hey,Do you normally have on underwear when you crap on yourself like that. lol...picture
Yep!, I were right about their last year photo and video.:lol:It isn't nice to fool mother nature on Mother's Day weekend!

Decoligny

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
1....However, I saw later on the news that people turned in full operational and LEGAL AR-15's...
2. I am going to purchase about 20 more unoperable guns for about $5 each and go turn them in to the liberal LA pukes and make money. Then, I am going to use that money to buy a REAL gun that works :)

1. lol if i was in charge i would have cleaned them up and tested them to make sure theyre reliable and added them to the department inventory to save $800+ on a colt gov't model AR, unless theyve gone up in price like every thing else...

2.I like your logic +1 for a good/hillarious idea. I can picture you walking up with a carboard box full of innoperable guns and plopping them onto the table.

nothings better than 20+ guns(even if theyre non-op's)off the streets and one gun in the hand of a law abiding citizen:celebrate
I like the ones where they offer about $100.00 morefor "Assault Weapons". My idea was to set up a table and thread pistol barrels for $25.00 a piece. Let the sellers make an additional $75.00 from the Govt.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Do not oc at these types of events, that is no bueno. In fact, leave open carry completely out of the photo. Do not give screen names and certainly do not carry id. Having a designated "mule" to hold personaL effects would be good.

I got ideas for this if anyone is interested.

Ca Patriot

imported post

I am planning to open carry at the one nearest me. It should be a hoot !!

Ooops, I just did some googling and realized I probably cant due to proximity of schools. Darn.

Ca Patriot

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
Allow me to repeat myself...

DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.

Why would it be a bad idea to open carry at these events ?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
Allow me to repeat myself...

DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.

Why would it be a bad idea to open carry at these events ?
Aside from adding fuel to the the blazing legislative inferno and dealing with LAPD cops who would love nothing more than even the slightest excuse to crack skulls for "insolent" behavior? Not much.