• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Buy Back

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
I am planning to open carry at the one nearest me. It should be a hoot !!
Allow me to repeat myself...

DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THIS EVENT!

There is more than one way to skin a cat. OCing at this event would be a bad idea.

Why would it be a bad idea to open carry at these events ?
Aside from adding fuel to the the blazing legislative inferno and dealing with LAPD cops who would love nothing more than even the slightest excuse to crack skulls for "insolent" behavior? Not much.
There is also the issue of organizers scheduling such events at or near schools, in defiance of 626.9. (Which particularly interests me as it creates a zone where the law is subjectively applied... those bringing gunsto turn in are not in violation, whereas an open carrier would probably hooked up and sent to jail.)

Palecon

imported post

Thank you PullnShoot:

I have listed the locations hear from the link.

LOCATIONS:

East Los Angeles

Hollenbeck Area
Legacy LA
1350 N. San Pablo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015

Valley

Mission Area
Facey Medical Building
11165 N. Sepulveda Blvd
Mission Hills, CA 91345

West Los Angeles

Hollywood Area
Farm Fresh Ranch Grocery Store
5520 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028

South Los Angeles

Harbor Area
Park & Ride Parking Lot
1300 W Pacific Coast Highway
Wilmington, CA 90744

77th Area
Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
7900 S. Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90047

NOTE: People are asked to transport their firearms unloaded and in the trunk of your vehicle.

For more information, contact: 1-877 LAPD 247.

Palecon

imported post

The Buy back is still on according to LAPPPL union contact, even though it still is not calendared on the PD web page

PM Pullnshoot25 for some good and not so good ideas if you plan on going to one around the LA area with alternative view point...p

Ronarmedim

Gundude

imported post

Ronarmedim wrote:
Whats with the box of chrome autos Toys or parade props? If so someone made some cash.

http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=29401464&event=1000320&CategoryID=26369

Reading the article i like this part
"It's a bad economy and people are just wanting to make up for it," said Kelly Koskella, 48, of Valencia. She and her husband were hoping to get the Visa card for a small .28-caliber handgun and planned to use that to buy a new gun. "

Ron
Were those cigarette lighters?

Gundude

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Ronarmedim wrote:
Whats with the box of chrome autos Toys or parade props? If so someone made some cash.

http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=29401464&event=1000320&CategoryID=26369

Reading the article i like this part
"It's a bad economy and people are just wanting to make up for it," said Kelly Koskella, 48, of Valencia. She and her husband were hoping to get the Visa card for a small .28-caliber handgun and planned to use that to buy a new gun. "

Ron
Were those cigarette lighters?
I finally found a .28/7mm handgun. Its a Nambu , made in Japan in 1902. It may have been worth some serious bucks if it was indeed a Nambu. There are some 7.65 and 7.63mm handguns out there, but this was the only 7mm I could find.

I had a 7mm Remington Magnum deer rifle (cannon) and a friend of mine had a 7mm mauser (spelling) deer rifle, but this was the first time I ever heard of a 7mm handgun.

Does anyone know of other 7mm handguns?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Wait...they don't even FUNCTION TEST them to see if they are indeed firearms?

I know some of the FFLs don't mind getting in the mix and ruffling the LEO feathers at the buybacks, but don't you folks go out and look for deals to snipe?

I remember when Dyer wet himself and got all fussy about HB takin' care of business and at least keeping the guns out of the scrap yard.

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=11038524

So much lols.