• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sno County Council gets it right 'sorta'; Seattle judges have it wrong

Dave Workman

imported post

Sno County Council gets it right 'sorta'; Seattle judges have it wrong

Wednesday saw the Democrat-dominated Snohomish County Council finally do the right thing, repealing a 1970s-passed parks gun ban that was unenforceable anyway since it was nullified by the 1983 passage of this state’s landmark preemption statute.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Sno-County-Council-gets-it-right-sorta-Seattle-judges-have-it-wrong

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2axdoye

jbone

imported post

Victory! but really? To me it’s very clear the three Democratsvoted to amend ordinance as too not run the risk of looking like clowns in Olympia asking for a new law if they can’t even obey the laws the legislature has already enacted. Simple a concession on the Anti’s part in furthering an agenda, they knew they had to give us this in order to motion the legislature taking away forever, no liberties for the people, change you can believe in!

Your Right, Councilmen Koster gets it! we need him in Olympia.

Dave Workman

imported post

Actually, we need him in CONGRESS.

That's what he's running for right now.

:celebrate

Ajetpilot

imported post

NOW, THEREFORE, ON MOTION, the Snohomish County Council declares its intent to seek amendments to state law that would allow local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms in all government facilities by persons who do not possess a concealed weapons permit a part of its 2011 legislative agenda…

So, am I understanding this correctly? The county council passed a resolution to use taxpayer money and assets to lobby the state legislature, to allow the county to infringe on citizens rights.

If I lived in Snohomish County, I would be quite upset about that. How can the government use taxpayer assets to lobby against taxpayer rights? :banghead:

aadvark

imported post

Snohomish County does not get it either, do they?

Snohomish County now joins The City of Seattlein that they think they are over State-wide Premption.

The last time I checked, The Revised Code of Washington 9.41.290 reads:

The State of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the State, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

jbone

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
SNIP:If I lived in Snohomish County, I would be quite upset about that.

I hope everyone gets upset! because thier motion is not to"allow the county to infringe on citizens rights" it's not just forSnohomish but ratherto reignon theentire state,new state wide law, preemption a thing of the past.

So everyone get :X

Dave silley me, I meantCongress;)

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The good news here is that with the way things are currently going, next year the Democrats will be hard pressed to pass gas, so additional gun control laws will be out of the question!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
It's completely unacceptable to Superior Court for us to be forcing people with threat of legal process to come to a court when we can't guarantee the safety of those people."—King County Superior Court Judge Bruce Hilyer

I sure wish that was true at my divorce trial!
Ohhhh man I hear that!!!!!