Thread: REGULATIONS

Post imported post

How do I distinguish between local laws. I live in a township (Seymour) within Eau Claire city/county?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

whitetailfiery wrote:
    How do I distinguish between local laws. I live in a township (Seymour) within Eau Claire city/county?
    State laws are called statutes and they may enable regulations (rules not passed by the legislature). State statutes do enable county ordinances that may be echoed or expanded by local ordinances.

IOW, there are several layers of laws, federal, state, county, local.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

whitetailfiery wrote:
    WELCOME!

From the information provided, there would be four different sets of laws/rules that affect you. Your local (town) ordinances, then County Ordinances, State Statutes, Federal law.

That is why the legislature enacted 66.0409 back in 1995. It nullifies all local (County/Town) ordinances pertaining to firearms ownership and possession unless they mirror state law.

Post imported post

So is it ok to shop in a walmart, gas station, restuarant, ect... OC and I assume the establishment has the right to ask my to leave right?

Post imported post

whitetailfiery wrote:
    So is it ok to shop in a walmart, gas station, restuarant, ect... OC and I assume the establishment has the right to ask my to leave right?
    That is 100% correct (but not legal advice).

The five prohibited places are (Car, Bar, Government Buildings, State Parks, School Zones) other than that you can open carry a loaded firearm most any place else.

If they ask you to leave, leave otherwise you could face a trespassing charge.

(Cars, State Parks, and School Zones) == the firearm MUST be unloaded and in a case.

Bar == Any place that serve alcohol for consumption "on the premises."

Bars and Government Buildings are strictly prohibited without prior permission.

Culvers, Burger King, WalMart, AutoZone, Home Depot, ShopKo, Menards, Mc Donalds, Best Buy, Woodmans, Radio Shack, Gander Mntn, Kwik Trip, Scheels, etc. You can carry in all these types of places without violating the law.

School Zones are precarious, so ensure the building has "off street" parking and that you can get to/from the building without setting foot on public property if the place you wish to visit is near a school.

Post imported post

Let's talk about "BARS" for a minute.

Only for the sake of clarity, unless I misunderstand it, "Bars" are more than "Joe's Corner Tap"

Restaurants, weather it be Outbacks, Friday's, or Mom & Pop's fried chicken shack,or any other eatery that also serves alcoholic beverages should be treated just like a BAR.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, just don't want the "New Guy" to misunderstand where he shouldn't OC.

Post imported post

10 - 4.

Any place, Outback, Red Lobster, Banquette Hall, etc. that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises is prohibited UNLESS you get prior permission from the owner/manager.

Post imported post

whitetailfiery wrote:
    I live in a township (Seymour) within Eau Claire city/county?
    You catch the news about the OC Picnic I am organizing in Seymour?

Post imported post

whitetailfiery wrote:
    If you live in the township of Seymour, you are outside Eau Claire City limits. Both Eau Claire City and County have unenforceablie ordinances on the books. That is one issue that will be brought up at the OC Picnic.

bhancock

Post imported post

Reposted as a new topic

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    10 - 4.

Any place, Outback, Red Lobster, Banquette Hall, etc. that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises is prohibited UNLESS you get prior permission from the owner/manager.
    To put an even finer point, any establishment that has a 'class b' license.