• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women defending herself from a robbery

Slidell Jim

imported post

BIG LOL --> "and thats not all the police did (arresting the suspect), then they reloaded her gun"

Awe, wasn't that sweet of them !

Sam

imported post

I heard about this this morning. She didn't know how to fire again. Instead of the police holding on to the weapon during a brief investigation they allowed her to keep it and showed her how to use it.

Glad she's ok.

SMW

imported post

Sam wrote:
I heard about this this morning.  She didn't know how to fire again.  Instead of the police holding on to the weapon during a brief investigation they allowed her to keep it and showed her how to use it.

Glad she's ok.

+1 for the cops for giving her the gun back and for showing her how to use it.

Dreamer

imported post

That is a pretty interesting-looking pistol she has. What is that thing? I don't think its a Smith, and it's too old for a Taurus...

It looks like it might be Single Action Only too. The white grips are cool, and that barrel is just too weird...

Must be one of those early 1960's European imports that they labeled as "Saturday Night Specials" because they were inexpensive enough for poor folk to afford. I'm surprised they let her keep it.

Sam

imported post

Definitely SAO. Pretty sure that's why she could only get one shot off.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sam wrote:
Definitely SAO. Pretty sure that's why she could only get one shot off.

I don't think the gun is SAO. The trigger guard is too big and the trigger has allot of room for travel to the rear, suggesting that it is DA/SA. May be an early DA model. Hammer looks like the old "Birds Head" design. Also loads like the old SA pistols, with the ejecter rod running along the barrel.

Definitely looks like an antique.