• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets hold our own press conference...

giaking70

imported post

[sub]Is everyone pretty much tired of the lies that Saldana is spreading? How about Chief Ken James? Why are they publicly lying to the public and the California Assembly when we have the proof they are both lying?

Saldana is purposely lying and stating facts that are NOT true to purposely use to her own gain. What point is she trying to prove to the Assembly by wearing a bulletproof vest? What point is she trying to prove when she is showing the Legislature a video from Youtube of a person able to quickly load his/her firearm within seconds? The video in itself is probably a person who is currently or had prior military service and was required to be able to perform that function with a sidearm? Saldana showing this video is politically incorrect because as it is not clear whether or not this video IS in fact purposely being used as an Open Carry Training tool or merely someone just "showing off" their skills with a sidearm.

This video also has no bearing to and should not be allowed to be used as a "political tool". As the mass see's it or as I see it, it is merely someone "showing" how to use a tool.

An article on the sfgate website where Saldana was mentioning about an Open Carry Event in Pacific Beach, Ca last year and how the police had to be called in. She was also quoted as saying that families were frightened by the event and were uncomfortable.

[/sub]
"People were understandably concerned. The police were called and the situation became frightening for the families simply enjoying a day at the beach."

This event was well documented by friends who attended the event as well as it was documented by the police department as well. I am quite certain that those documentations will show that there were NO arrests made and NO violent incident occurred. Therefore, everything that Saldana thus far has mentioned about open carry to my knowledge is wrong.The police were not called out, they were INVITED by the Open Carry Group to attend.

Now Emeryville Police Chief Ken James has been quoted as saying this:

“All the polls I’ve seen, the average citizen is uneasy seeing a gun. We have always in Emeryville (Police Department) had a policy that when you are not in uniform, you do not expose your weapon, simply because people don’t feel comfortable seeing them,” he said.

[sub]He gave that quote in a recent interview and to this day, has not publicly announced as to where such said "polls" are. [/sub]Most if not all of the Open Carry Groups would like to know where that poll has been published publicly and to its original author. Chief James by his actions as of late since quoted saying those words, still has not announced publicly where he got the polls from. Is he hiding something from us or is he not granting the information granted us by the Freedom of Information Act.

In the same interview, Chief James was also quoted as saying this:

James said his concerns about the open-carry movement are twofold. “One is officer safety – this puts an officer between a rock and hard spot. Do we treat the gun as ‘Oh, it’s just an open carry’ or do we treat it as were trained to do from day one at the academy that it’s possibly a danger?” The other is an issue of public safety, he said. “If the assumption is being made that the guns aren’t loaded … and if I see you walking down the street with that nice handgun … and I have my loaded gun and I decide to take your unloaded gun from you, I have the advantage. It’s an open target for people to be robbed of their unloaded handguns.”

The statements he makes are so absurd that he is the one making it sound like we are criminals. He says that officers are trained from day one to believe that guns are a danger. Do we treat this as an open carry or a dangerous situation. Maybe the police dispatchers themselves need to be better trained to handle those calls that come in and to determine if the person with a gun is waving it around or is it in plain view in a hip holster, not being waved around. Those are the questions officers in the field need to be asking the dispatchers and the dispatchers in turn should be getting good information from the callers to differentiate what is really happening.

My idea is to hold our own press conference of possibly get the media to ask those questions to Chief James and Saldana as to where they are getting thier information from. Saldana was also interviewed by local news in Sacramento (I think that's where it was) saying that she is "receiving many complaints on a daily basis to her office of people open carrying". May WE THE PEOPLE see those complaints for their validation or is she hiding behind those so called "complaints" and lying to the public about those complaints?

I am only wanting to do this because the People have the right to know the TRUTH and we want to see where they are getting their information from. As far as I can tell and I am sure everyone else may agree or not, she is using her own bias against us and is trying to create fear for the people to believe that the Open Carry Movement is a growing threat to our society. Why not invite her to one of our events so she can see first hand what it's all about.

Well, my two cents worth here...

ISRAEL

imported post

I never been in San Diego, but I guess you have a news t.v. station, find more people of the O.C. Movement and hold a press conference there, and ask hard questions, you need to do it soon or can be to late, I am inverest that she is a hispanic (I am ,too) but I love the freedom of the O.C., thats why I live in Boise Id. I think you have more O.C. peolpe in California than we have in Idaho, start the conference movement A.S.A.P. , before is to late. Sr. Arnold ,His silence is very loud. remember" we the people",and don't let the 2nd Am. be "stolen from Cal.)

coolusername2007

imported post

Glad to see you are following through on the suggestion I posted. I my opinion this would be most effective if you are able to gather the original crowd who UOC'ed that day. Getting all those originally in attendance would speak volumes.

Further, the media isn't asking the questions, so we need to. By calling a press conference, having a prepared statement, publicly challenging Saldana and James to put up or shutup, and then taking questions.

You will definitely want your own video of the event so it could be posted on youtube in its entirety, simply because the media will edit it down for their broadcasts.

I will be happy to help with this effort, but again IMO for it to be effective the original crowd needs to convene for this effort.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

FYI that video belongs to Saldana or was recorded for her purposes. See the OFFICIAL "AssemblyAccess" youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AssemblyAccess

Also note the low view count and the fact that comments have been turned off.

Propaganda at its best.

This guy shows his ignorance of case law buy carrying a concealed magazine in his back pocket while not having one to "complete" the gun in the magazine well. And this was in PUBLIC, I don't know a single UOCer that would pull a stunt like this even if it was for educational purposes.

I call shenanigans!

jsebclark

imported post

NOOOO!! STAND DOWN! Exercising your 1st amendments rights might provoke them and get them to take that right away too! Don't do it!

Just Kidding. :lol:

Seriously, we should do this. I haven't heard anybody stirring anything down in the lower halfof the state very much. I'm up North and think that somebody has to get this thing going. If you guys down there aren't going to do it, then we will do it up here, since I have read that we are to blame for this mess anyway.

PM if you are in the SF Bay Area and will help pull this thing together.

wheels

imported post

It would be interesting to at least bang on these two officials offices, maybe a concerted call in to ask what studies or polls these two characters are using.

Maybe if we called their main business lines asking for their references.

ISRAEL

imported post

You may write a BIG SIGN in english and in spanish, that way many hispanics will know that Sra, or Srita Saldana is NOT TELLING THE REAL TRUTH, something like:

LA SRA, SALDANA ESTA MINTIENDO, DI LA VERDAD, it has to be short and to the point, I guess she can read spanish, too.

I am glad the message is getting out, there is somebody maned" Adnan" ? he may help whith more ideas, I think he lives in bay area.

giaking70

imported post

ok I just got done watching this video although I didn't watch all of it and first off, how can I download it to my pc so that I can burn a copy of it, any ideas??

Second...the video she has of an individual open carrying and demonstrating how to load a gun in what she calls "2 seconds" is so ridiculous that isn't it showing the INCORRECT way to openly carry your firearm since there was NO magazine in the demonstrator's pistol AND.... the LOADED magazine was concealed? Since the magazine is an intrigal component of the firearm, would I be correct to say the magazine would be deemed "concealed" depending on the officer who were to stop you? Don't have the time here right now to quote the language of the law here.

Third, I liked how someone asked the question if there has ever been a violent confrontation due to these open carry events and they couldn't even give a simple yes or no answer.

Propaganda at its best here...have to get ready for work and will comment more when I get home tonight...

Thanks Mike for posting that....

Gundude

imported post

Where did the incident happen when the "gang bangers" were stalking the OC'ers and the police had to protect them?

I am mature till I strap on my weapon, them I become immature. Sooo much FUD coming from them.

March Hare

imported post

I hope you can get this together before it's too late for California!

If you can call shenanigans long and loud enough, people will start to listen.

Don't forget to refer any and all to http://www.gunfacts.info/ , lots of great information there on debunking the various gun myths.
You might also want to contact the folks at AZCDL (http://www.azcdl.org/ ), they have lots of experience dealing with the legislative process and would probably be more than happy to share some ideas.
Before the flaming starts, yes, I know that it's a different state, but the fight is the same!

Good luck from a brother in arms in AZ!

-Ron

Gundude

imported post

March Hare wrote:
I hope you can get this together before it's too late for California!

If you can call shenanigans long and loud enough, people will start to listen.

Don't forget to refer any and all to http://www.gunfacts.info/ , lots of great information there on debunking the various gun myths.
You might also want to contact the folks at AZCDL (http://www.azcdl.org/ ), they have lots of experience dealing with the legislative process and would probably be more than happy to share some ideas.
Before the flaming starts, yes, I know that it's a different state, but the fight is the same!

Good luck from a brother in arms in AZ!

-Ron
I haven't heard any valid reason McDonald won't prevail over Chicago. All these draconian laws won't stand constitutional muster. Our only option is to wait for incorporation. If McDonald doesn't prevail, you state population may increase by at least by one. MOI!

GlockFanatic943

imported post

I think she is crazy, She states several times that there are currently no guidelines as to openly carrying a firearm. that is incorrect! there are lots of guidelines and restrictions currently. example: Cannot be in 1000ft of a K-12 school, State park restrictions, Gun must be UNLOADED, Magazines cannot be attached to the guns ect ect. and even when the guy asking questions about why she didnt have statistics on the states that allow open cary and their crime rate increae, she just says that kind of information is not beneficial to her case and simply doesn't include it.. what a joke..

giaking70

imported post

alrighty then...who wants to do this with me...I really would like folks to stand up and be heard now!! This crap is now going on too far, if anyone wants to do this and you live here in San Diego, please lets get together and work something that will benefit ALL of us. PM me if you have to but lets do this guys before its too late. Should we call the Turko Files??

March Hare

imported post

All I can offer from here in AZ is moral(?) support and evidence of what -doesn't- happen when law abiding Citizens openly carry loaded firearms.

What we -don't- have: shootouts over parking places, running gun battles on the freeways, blood running in the streets, drunks shooting each other in bars.

All of these things were predicted by the Brady Bunch, but never materialized. Go figure.

She needs to be called out for her factual omissions, if nothing else!

Wow, I sound like a trouble maker, don't I? :celebrate

Ca Patriot

imported post

I think an event like this would be a great idea. It would also generate TONS of media exposure. The liberal media would all show up certain that a wild west shoot out would occur.

I will participate if it goes through.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Mike wrote:
See Saldana's press conference at https://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewvideo/1255- the reporters are critical of her facts and motiviations
I love how, my "representative", Ammiano calls out the assassination of Milk and Moscone as examples of how dangerous the carrying of guns are when the person that killed both of them was an ex-cop and would be allowed by (unconstitutional) federal law to conceal carry. What an idiot.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I believe a pressconference is the only proper response to this...

However, we would need to issue a press release, invite media, locate supportive CLEOS and attorneys to speak in support of responsible open carry, produce a press package with a video and statistics complete with citations, enlist a confident public speaker/leader and have the ability to have the event professionally videoed. Then we would need to distribute the video through every means we can manage.