• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets hold our own press conference...

giaking70

imported post

well I am all for this but I cant do this alone....I wanna fight for her immediate resignation on the basis of her lying and publicly giving false information when she knows damned well everything she has brought forth is incorrect.

Ranchero

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
You may write a BIG SIGN in english and in spanish, that way many hispanics will know that Sra, or Srita Saldana is NOT TELLING THE REAL TRUTH, something like:

LA SRA, SALDANA ESTA MINTIENDO, DI LA VERDAD, it has to be short and to the point, I guess she can read spanish, too.

I am glad the message is getting out, there is somebody maned" Adnan" ? he may help whith more ideas, I think he lives in bay area.

ISRAEL, How about a sign like this "VETE A TIJUANA, AHI ESTARAS MAS SEGURA DONDE LAS ARMAS ESTAN PROHIBIDAS". "Move to Tijuana,you will be safer where guns are banned".

http://www.boston.com/news/world/latinamerica/articles/2008/01/15/3_tijuana_policemen_shot_to_death/

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/249212,two-police-officers-shot-dead-in-tijuana.html

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/07/east-chicago-solider-gunned-down-in-tijuana.html

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/13/Seven-killed-in-Tijuana-drug-cartel-war/UPI-76571223923929/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiX1vtnZ4Uk

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED.

giaking70

imported post

sorry but I think that might convey the wrong message, we're talking about open carrying being banned here, I don't want those thing being mis-represented by talking about stuff that happens in another country. I know what you're getting at and appreciate it, I just don't want the wrong message being sent by mentioning Tijuana as San Diego is a real hot spot about immigration stuff. If I am wrong about the way you are trying to represent that material, sorry not trying to.

nicki

imported post

How about doing the following.

Have another UOC event and do it on a Sat so that numbers can swell.

Have a diverse bunch of speakers so that the press will see UOC is not just a bunch of white guys.

It would also make for a gathering for laying groundwork for both political and legal counter attacks.

Ed Purieta's CCW lawsuit against San Diego county is already being treated by the Fed judge as if the 2nd is already incorporated.

The national dem party is trying to run away from gun control and I'm sure that our legislatures actions are going over real well in an election year.

Given enough notice so I can make plans to get an early morning flight for the event, I would attend and I would speak.

I am the Nor Cal Pink Pistol spokesperson, a 6ft blue eyed blonde will get some press.

Issues are far more than just UOC.

If we speak concise, clearly and give the reporters a story with conflict, controversy and some compassion, we will get on the news and we may get balanced coverage.

Now is not the time to whine, now is the time to take action. San Diego is ground zero, we will have incorporation with 70 days.

An event in 3 to 4 weeks is doable. That will lay the groundwork that we can have follow up events across the state within 2 to 3 weeks after that.

My goal is not only to keep UOC, but to go get LOC and limit scope of sensitive no carry zones as well.

We all need to step up. The left refers to us as the shock troops of the gun lobby. We shouldn't disappoint them.

coolusername2007

imported post

First, who has the capability to "capture" the full video Mike posted? Then post this video on youtube for public comment. Currently statist Saldana is preventing public comment on the videos and FB pages she's created. So there is a huge vacuum of information on this bill.

Second, the number of lies, falsehoods and mischaracterizations in this press conference are staggering. Hence, we need to get number one above accomplished ASAP.

Third, IMO the press conference needs to have a large contingent of the original open carriers in Saldana's district. I'm sure others would like to attend the press conference as well, but the people who where there need to stand up and speak up against this.

Fourth, Giaking since you were there this responsibility kind of falls in your lap. I wasn't there but I think the event was organized by Pullnshoot and his brother, but am not sure. Start with them to begin putting this together.

Fifth, all the UOC'ers in SD county who attended this event, then subsequently sat down, the time is now to stand up again. Your services to defend liberty are needed regardless of whether or not you are currently actively open carrying.

Sixth, its up to you, but I would conduct this event at a location where you can open carry. I find it extremely arrogant and insulting that at Saldana's press conference the police chief open carriedwhile actively attempting to deny the same right to the people!!! That is the definition of tyranny.

Seventh, the politicians love to hide behind the police chiefs on the issues of "public safety". Well who's running our legislature, the elected representatives or the police chiefs? I say this press conference needs to call out their oath of office and publicly call for their immediate firing! We can no longer allow the politicians to collude with the police chiefs ina manner that subverts the Constitution and our rights.

ETA: edited the sixth point for clarity, and a variety of spelling mistakes

giaking70

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
First, who has the capability to "capture" the full video Mike posted? Then post this video on youtube for public comment. Currently statist Saldana is preventing public comment on the videos and FB pages she's created. So there is a huge vacuum of information on this bill.

Second, the number of lies, falsehoods and mischaracterizations in this press conference are staggering. Hence, we need to get number one above accomplished ASAP.

Third, IMO the press conference needs to have a large contingent of the original open carriers in Saldana's district. I'm sure others would like to attend the press conference as well, but the people who where there need to stand up and speak up against this.

Fourth, Giaking since you were there this responsibility kind of falls in your lap. I wasn't there but I think the event was organized by Pullnshoot and his brother, but am not sure. Start with them to begin putting this together.

Fifth, all the UOC'ers in SD county who attended this event, then subsequently sat down, the time is now to stand up again. Your services to defend liberty are needed regardless of whether or not you are currently actively open carrying.

Sixth, its up to you, but I would conduct this event at a location where you can open carry. I find it extremely arrogant and insulting that at Saldana's press conference the police chief open carriedwhile actively attempting to deny the same right to the people!!! That is the definition of tyranny.

Seventh, the politicians love to hide behind the police chiefs on the issues of "public safety". Well who's running our legislature, the elected representatives or the police chiefs? I say this press conference needs to call out their oath of office and publicly call for their immediate firing! We can no longer allow the politicians to collude with the police chiefs ina manner that subverts the Constitution and our rights.

ETA: edited the sixth point for clarity, and a variety of spelling mistakes
good pointers all around on that...you gave me some good ideas...

coolusername2007

imported post

Not having much luck capturing the video. The site is a secure site, so some of the quick and easy methods I found on the net aren't working.

Anybody else want to try? Short of sticking a video camera in front of my screen and clicking on play, I'm kind of running into a brick wall.

One other possible solution could be to record the audio, then create our own video with still images from the original video. Would take a little more work, but should be do-able.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

i feel its a good idea to take action as soon as possible its better that we get attention that we are opposing this bill rather than just wait it out and having a chance of losing out rights to OC.

giaking70

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Not having much luck capturing the video. The site is a secure site, so some of the quick and easy methods I found on the net aren't working.

Anybody else want to try? Short of sticking a video camera in front of my screen and clicking on play, I'm kind of running into a brick wall.

One other possible solution could be to record the audio, then create our own video with still images from the original video. Would take a little more work, but should be do-able.
Neither am I, looks like I will put my Iphone in front of the computer and let it record the darn thing as well. Bright side to that is, I can now carry that with me and show other people the lies she is spreading...while at the same time, will be able to download it to my computer then.

giaking70

imported post

well at this point, I have gathered ALOT of info to go ahead and try to sort. I have been copying and pasting SOOOO much info to put all in one document to present to the people. I in fact want to go forward even more with this by even inviting the media to an Open Carry Event which I may go ahead and schedule. I got in touch with Pullnshoot but am waiting back for a response from him. But at this time my fellow Americans, its time we make a move with a surgical strike. I want to plan an event where we can get public speakers on this, even local Assembly persons if they are willing to participate, maybe even the San Diego City Mayor's Office, the Chief of San Diego Police Department as well as maybe the Sheriff. This needs to be known by ALL that what Saldana is doing is wrong based on true facts that she is misrepresenting the people and that we are calling for her IMMEDIATE resignation. She has done nothing but spread lies about the Open Carry Movement and that she is fathoming her own imagination on what she thinks should be done based on her own opinions.

When and where would you all like this event to occur??

coolusername2007

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
well at this point, I have gathered ALOT of info to go ahead and try to sort. I have been copying and pasting SOOOO much info to put all in one document to present to the people. I in fact want to go forward even more with this by even inviting the media to an Open Carry Event which I may go ahead and schedule. I got in touch with Pullnshoot but am waiting back for a response from him. But at this time my fellow Americans, its time we make a move with a surgical strike. I want to plan an event where we can get public speakers on this, even local Assembly persons if they are willing to participate, maybe even the San Diego City Mayor's Office, the Chief of San Diego Police Department as well as maybe the Sheriff. This needs to be known by ALL that what Saldana is doing is wrong based on true facts that she is misrepresenting the people and that we are calling for her IMMEDIATE resignation. She has done nothing but spread lies about the Open Carry Movement and that she is fathoming her own imagination on what she thinks should be done based on her own opinions.

When and where would you all like this event to occur??

Have you contacted anyone else from that event, or just PNS?

If you want, I would be happy to review what you have put together so far.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

demnogis wrote:
If open carry of handguns is banned, can I open carry my rifle with attached bayonet?
Rifle - OK... Bayonet -maybe... Unlike firearm laws, knife regulations are not preempted. So knife laws vary from locality to locality. You may find one city has no restrictions (carry your katana, if you so desire), others are very strict. (One city I'm aware of prohibits the carry of anything over 2.5" in length.)

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Here's the downloadable video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WRDU33NS

Click the upper right "Download Now" button after entering the human verification input.
Tried downloading it twice. Both times it got stuck around the halfway point. If you have already downloaded it, would you ftp it to me? yousendit.com is a free online ftp service for files under 100MB. I can send you my email address in a PM.