• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry

GCP

imported post

Long time lurker and first time poster. Great website.

With the recent passage of Arizona State Senate Bill 1108, allowing concealed carry without a permit in the same places Arizona citizens can open carry. I've been thinking about the possibility of this 2nd Amendment friendly law spreading to other states. Do you think this kind of law could work in New Mexico? Are there any advocacy groups supporting such a measure?

Thanks,

GCP

GWbiker

imported post

SsevenN wrote:
I would love Constitutional carry, I don't know if we could stir the pot enough for anyone to get behind it though...

IMO, your roadblock to Constitutional Carry in New Mexico would be your Governor.

Would he allow NM CITIZENS the freedom to Constitutional Carry among the thousands of illegals in his sanctuary towns and cities?

Replace Bill Richardson and you folks might have a go at it.

MrGlock

imported post

Good point. I have never been big on politics, but the way they hand out ID's and drivers licenses to illegals once they get here would definitely cause problems with Constitutional carry here in NM, especially when the crazies from down south get their hands on guns here in the states. With the cartels killing off all of those people in Mexico, you never know who you can really trust coming from there.

SsevenN

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
SsevenN wrote:
I would love Constitutional carry, I don't know if we could stir the pot enough for anyone to get behind it though...

IMO, your roadblock to Constitutional Carry in New Mexico would be your Governor.

Would he allow NM CITIZENS the freedom to Constitutional Carry among the thousands of illegals in his sanctuary towns and cities?

Replace Bill Richardson and you folks might have a go at it.
Great points, I'm in total agreement. New Mexico is an "interesting" state because of the massive amount of poverty and illegal aliens, and I can totally see some racial undertones affecting our ability to promote Contitutional Carry as well, it's sad really.