• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone seen the video of Johnny Knoxville shooting himself?

Aaron1124

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
:shock:

I remember a story from a while back, never looked into if it were true or not. But two LEOs were sitting in their squad car. One had a knife for whatever reason and told the other one to stab him with it to see how the vest would stop it. It did not in fact stop a knife.
Man, some people do the stupidest crap. If he was really curious, why not put the vest on a ballistics dummy or something?
Now they have blade proof vests too.

Aaron1124

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
the guy who developed kevlar actually did the same exact thing.
Well I guess there's no test like a self test! If you die, then your vest sucks, and no one will buy it anyway. If you live, then you'll live to see yourself become successful, right?

Dreamer

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
:shock:

I remember a story from a while back, never looked into if it were true or not. But two LEOs were sitting in their squad car. One had a knife for whatever reason and told the other one to stab him with it to see how the vest would stop it. It did not in fact stop a knife.

On the "care and use" label on the inside of EVERY piece of commercially-produced NIJ-Certified soft body armor, it says in GREAT BIG LETTERS, "this body armor will not protect against stabbing or puncture attacks"...

Some of the new SPECTRA-based vests will offer some protection against things like knives and icepicks, but your standard woven kevlar vest offers about as much protection as a heavy cordura winter parka...

Ole Man Dan

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
Years ago at a 'Second Chance' Demo in Birmingham, I watched their pitchman shoot himself in the chest with a .44 Mag.
He used a trauma plate and still got a big bruise. The vest wadded up into a ball on impact. It was the Remington 240 JHP that was used. I put that dude down as a serious psycho...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Ole Man Dan wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
Years ago at a 'Second Chance' Demo in Birmingham, I watched their pitchman shoot himself in the chest with a .44 Mag.
He used a trauma plate and still got a big bruise. The vest wadded up into a ball on impact. It was the Remington 240 JHP that was used. I put that dude down as a serious psycho...
Salesman will do anything to make a sale...

Old Grump

imported post

That bullet proof vest wouldn't have done him much good if I had been there. Every time the flag got grounded in the dirt I would have smashed that idiot in the mouth till he finally got the idea that he had better respect it.

groovedrummer

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
That bullet proof vest wouldn't have done him much good if I had been there. Every time the flag got grounded in the dirt I would have smashed that idiot in the mouth till he finally got the idea that he had better respect it.
OLD GRUMP!! how you been man?

I used to read and learn from your posts on myspace back in the day!!

Its good to see you on here!

groovedrummer

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Still Grumpy and still shooting, who were you on My Space?
I cant for the life of me remember what display name I used when I was frequenting the NRA groups.

all I know is after you quit posting...I pretty much quit reading anything in that group.

good to see you here.