• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WASHINGTON STATE SECOND AMENDMENT RALLY - Sat., April 24, 2010 in Olympia, WA

DEROS72

imported post

[align=center]For Immediate Release[/align]

[align=center]April 21, 2010 (Updated, April 22, 1010)
[/align]

[align=center]---

[/align]

[align=center]WASHINGTON STATE SECOND AMENDMENT RALLY

[/align]
[align=center]Washington[/b] State Capitol - Olympia, Washington
[/align]

[align=center]@ The Tivoli Fountain

Saturday, April 24, 2010

1200 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

(Rain or Shine)

---[/b][/align]
Several Washington State Second Amendment advocates, along with OpenCarry.org members, have announced the Washington State Second Amendment Rally in conjunction with several Nationwide Second Amendment events scheduled during the spring and summer of 2010. This is a non-violent, non-partisan effort and is open to all American Citizens who support our Second Amendment Rights. We'll have dynamic speakers and a Legislative Information Center available.

This is a Family event. Weather permitting, we encourage participants to bring a picnic lunch and a blanket or chairs. We’ll have free prizes and entertainment along with comprehensive information on current issues and Washington State & Federal Legislation.This event is open to ALL American Citizens who support our Second Amendment Rights, and we expect a diverse group of participants.

If you bring signs to this event, please limit the topic to Second Amendment ONLY (e.g., No pictures of B.O. with a Hiltler 'stache, etc.).

The Washington State Rally will be held Saturday, April 24 from 12pm until 4pm at the State Capitol in Olympia, Washington. This event will assemble at Tivoli Fountain.

You can listen to OpenCarry.org member Jim Beal’s interview today on KIRO 97.3 Dori Monson Show with Kirby Wilbur here:
http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/deros-kirofm-042110.mp3

[align=center]###
[/align]

[align=left]
Media Contact[/b]:
Jim Beal – Spokesman and co-organizer, [/b]burtb71 AT yahoo.com

---[/align]General Info:

* This event is not directly affiliated with any other Second Amendment “March” efforts.
* If you are interested in speaking at this event, please contact Elisa Delaurenti:
TWG@THEWAKINGGIANT.COM

[align=center]---
[/align]

[align=center]“The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.” - William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

---
[/align]GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES

1.NO UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND/OR AMMUNITION! NO EXCEPTIONS!

2.If you do not intend to comply with item #1, do not attend.

3.If you break the law, we will not be responsible.

4.It is each attendee's own personal responsibility to be familiar with the firearm laws in the areas in which he/she will be traveling. You can find the Washington State Firearms Laws here:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

5.Please be courteous to everyone you encounter at this event. This is a peaceful, non-violent event and we will not tolerate any deviation from civility. This event is open to ALL American Citizens who support our Second Amendment Rights.

6.Please be sure to dispose of all trash. Let's strive to leave the grounds in better condition than when we arrive.

7.If you have any concerns while at the event, please notify a volunteer or event organizer immediately.

8.Your attendance at the Second Amendment Rally in Olympia Washington on April 24, 2010 indicates your intent to comply with these rules/code of conduct and all local and federal laws.

9. Please dress appropriately.

This event can be found on the Washington Patriot HUB Main Calendar here:
http://washingtonpatriothub.org/Calendars/tabid/119/vw/3/ItemID/169/d/20100424/Default.aspx

I hope to see you all there! The weather forecast seems to be improving for Saturday, so it will be a great day for a picnic in the park.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well written. BTW, for future reference, press releases are best done 30 days prior to an event, with follow up 2 weeks and 1 week before the event with the media outlet. That way they know the event is going down, and you have ample opportunity to coordinate with them.

DEROS72

imported post

I appreciate it SV but a several had a hand in that and we only took this up last thursday..We were doing the best we could with the time availableiThe othe events I have done I did have releases out well in advance.We were up against the wall and It wasn't untill late last week I was asked to get involved.I have 2 more radio spots coming up tomorrow so the word is out...Should be a kick ass rally...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Something like this is bound to get covered anyway simply due to it's nature. You are doing good. I'm working Saturday, can't make it. Have fun. Upside, should make some nice pictures for the front page of the Olympian and News Tribune (I hope!)

DEROS72

imported post

I was hoping you could come and I could get a chance to meet you.And thank you for the kind words They are appreciated....The whole OC bunch has rocked this thing big time..

amzbrady

imported post

Life can really be a crap hole sometimes. Got up at 5:30 this morning showered, got the $50 cash out of my gun safe I've been saving to be able to make the drive and pay for parking, Sat down at the desk to print out the parking areas and checked my bank account. Auto deduct for car ins came out. Dish was shut off last week, and Looking at a late notice from the power company. I can't justify spending the money to make the drive when we are so far behind on bills. Really wanted to come up and meet you guys. Really wish they would call me back to work. Actually wish the house would sell and we could move closer. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics from the event.

Edited for 2nd grade grammer correction.

Batousaii

imported post

I hope to hear some good news about the event, unfortunately i am slaved at a desk in the same time frame as the heat of the rally. I am with you in spirit, and hope the best for a good outcome.

Bat;)