• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What about your vacation?

cscitney87

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I'm thinking about a cruise this summer. What are the gun laws on the ocean? Can I open carry or concealed carry or not at all? Can I carry on the ship?
I was just thinking that as I have been on a handful of Carnival Cruises.

If the ship's port of call is a state that accepts your concealed weapon/handgun- and the ship makes NO OTHER STOPS; then technically you would be legally allowed to have your pistol. The ships port of call and the surrounding waters serve as the jurisdiction. This is only going to work for 3 days cruises- Miami to Miami. If the ship makes a stop; any stop- you would also need to be legal in the jurisdiction of the port of call. For example; if you are legal in Louisiana and Florida; you cruise 3 days from Miami to New Orleans; you would be legal to carry on the ship.

What happens on 5 and 7+ day cruises is that the Port of Call will be an American city like Miami; but the ship will sail into International Waters and also will stop at ports of call in different countries. You will NOT be legal. You will NOT be legal to carry in any fashion because the ship will be subject to each individual jurisdiction of each Port of Call.

Outside of all of that; be sure to check with the ship's captain and crew. I'm going to guess that ALL Major cruise lines do not allow weapons of any type.

Mas49.56

imported post

All I carried FL to Nassau on Carnival was my Leatherman knife. It lived in my checked luggage until it was brought into the cabin. Then in my pocket with no clip showing while on the ship. I left it in the room during the Nassau port of call, because of the security check points.(just after 911 with lots of security and a navy destroyer following us!) Security on ship however was a joke. I had an altercation with a large drunk dumb-ass getting belligerent with a small asian female crew member. It was so close to becoming physical and the security guard that showed up was a little guy and was doing nothing about it! I got in his face and discussed it with him. He backed down. I am not a confrontational guy, but I was not going to let that go on. It was a good cruise except for the boorish drunks falling about. Have fun. Stay safe!:celebrate

anthonyakadayday

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I'm thinking about a cruise this summer. What are the gun laws on the ocean? Can I open carry or concealed carry or not at all? Can I carry on the ship?
I have been on a cruise and they dont even allow knives so your chances of them allowing a firearm is nill.