• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass pro in independance.

DarenGlock23

imported post

I live near st. Charles. I'm in Kansas city for work. At home in "not allowed" to oc in bass pro.(st. Chuck) my friend just bought an xd and wanted a blackhawk serpa like I have for my glock. I just bought an Israel desert eagle .44 and wanted to oc it for fun. He used my glock...
Went to bass pro to shoot our bows and get his holster for when he picks uphis pistol. I said "let's test bass pros "policy" and see if we are told not to. To my suprise, they said nothing. They noticed, but didn't even ask if they were loaded or if we had ccw or anything. Just a question or two about my weapons.

Why is it not ok in st charles and fine in independance?

Very pleasant experiance. OC there to keep the awarness that were out there and there's nothing to fear.

Carry safe, carry often.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

DarenGlock23 wrote:
I live near st. Charles. I'm in Kansas city for work. At home in "not allowed" to oc in bass pro.(st. Chuck) my friend just bought an xd and wanted a blackhawk serpa like I have for my glock. I just bought an Israel desert eagle .44 and wanted to oc it for fun. He used my glock...
Went to bass pro to shoot our bows and get his holster for when he picks uphis pistol. I said "let's test bass pros "policy" and see if we are told not to. To my suprise, they said nothing. They noticed, but didn't even ask if they were loaded or if we had ccw or anything. Just a question or two about my weapons.

Why is it not ok in st charles and fine in independance?

Very pleasant experiance. OC there to keep the awarness that were out there and there's nothing to fear.

Carry safe, carry often.

Bass Pro policy is to accept open and conceal carry if legal - no handling of any such guns though.

If you are aware of a Bass pro banning legal open carry, you need to call the manager of that location to ask them to correct policy/train employees.

DarenGlock23

imported post

Telling me that it was illegal and shit. I had my daughter there, they said I shouldn't have a need for a weapon especially since my kid was with me. I have no clue how that made sense to him.

Article1section23

imported post

DarenGlock23 wrote:
Telling me that it was illegal and @#$%. I had my daughter there, they said I shouldn't have a need for a weapon especially since my kid was with me. I have no clue how that made sense to him.

Next time tell him that she iswhy you carry.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hopefully I'll have time to get back to Bass Pro when I am in St. Charles this coming weekend. If so I'll have to OC and see if there are any issues.