• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My sweetie wants a handgun!!!!!

ctfireman

imported post

carracer wrote:
My wife LOVES her Charter Arms Pink Lady! We practise with cowboy action loads and carry with full power .38's. I even had it laser engraved with the cancer ribbon for her!
Have you seen the "pink bitch"? Yes........it actually says it on the gun!

TraumaJunkie

imported post

My wife loves her Springfield XD 9mm. Her first gun was a Sig 229 but she didn't like the long trigger pull. She was a sceptic at first, but now she would not be caught without her gun:exclaim:

richarcm

imported post

I've always been told that for beginners, especially girls, avoid revolvers and small guns. Typically I hear the Glock 19 advised as a good first gun. Large gun and small caliber = easy to shoot, easy to be accurate and therefore easier to impress newbies and make them keep their interest.

Dreamer

imported post

richarcm wrote:
I've always been told that for beginners, especially girls, avoid revolvers and small guns. Typically I hear the Glock 19 advised as a good first gun. Large gun and small caliber = easy to shoot, easy to be accurate and therefore easier to impress newbies and make them keep their interest.
I'm not a big fan of the Glock, for a number of reasons, and I don't think it would be well-suited to her...

But I like the "big gun/small caliber" idea. That makes a LOT of sense.

Maybe this would be a good excuse to get a Browning HiPower (1911 size and weight, 9mm cartridge.)

I've been wanting one of those for a long time...;)