Thread: Wichita OC trash pick-up

Post imported post

I was going to organize an unloaded OC trash pick-upin Wichita this summer to create OC awareness. Does anyone know if it is required to have and show ID? I assume that I will be stopped and pistol checked to determine that it is unloaded, but wanted to know if I would then be required to show ID. If not, I'll probably have a closed ID pouch around my neck, and say that I do not consent to any illegal searches. I suppose if they really want my ID they can get it during the stop, but I wanted to know if I needed to respond to the request to be legal.

Also, any legal issues with law enforcement recording serial numbers? I heard of a story from my friend who had an employee illegally arrested for concealed carry (long story), but the case was thrown out in court. While the pistol was in custody, HPD took serial numbers and recorded ballistic data before returning the firearm; this seems a little shady, yes?

Post imported post

Damiansar-15

You are my hero!!! You have my full support.

I was thinking the same thing. As you know Topekathought aboutbanning open carry, that has been tabled for know.

We are anxiously awaiting the outcome of McDonald vs. Chicago!!!

We need to speak by phone and go over some details since I have experience with this situation.

Highest form of PATRIOTISM is dissent.

Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and exercising your rights.

Personal message sent!

Marine0300

Post imported post

call me 316-312-6329

lance garrison

Iopen carry in wichita now & would love to do the trash pick up

Post imported post

thank you...I am working on getting organized. I want to make sure we have an effective experience, since I am not aware of any other organized effort like this in Wichita in the past.