• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wichita OC trash pick-up

Damiansar-15

imported post

I was going to organize an unloaded OC trash pick-upin Wichita this summer to create OC awareness. Does anyone know if it is required to have and show ID? I assume that I will be stopped and pistol checked to determine that it is unloaded, but wanted to know if I would then be required to show ID. If not, I'll probably have a closed ID pouch around my neck, and say that I do not consent to any illegal searches. I suppose if they really want my ID they can get it during the stop, but I wanted to know if I needed to respond to the request to be legal.

Also, any legal issues with law enforcement recording serial numbers? I heard of a story from my friend who had an employee illegally arrested for concealed carry (long story), but the case was thrown out in court. While the pistol was in custody, HPD took serial numbers and recorded ballistic data before returning the firearm; this seems a little shady, yes?

marine0300

imported post

Damiansar-15

You are my hero!!! You have my full support.

I was thinking the same thing. As you know Topekathought aboutbanning open carry, that has been tabled for know.

We are anxiously awaiting the outcome of McDonald vs. Chicago!!!

We need to speak by phone and go over some details since I have experience with this situation.

Highest form of PATRIOTISM is dissent.

Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and exercising your rights.

Personal message sent!

Marine0300

Damiansar-15

imported post

thank you...I am working on getting organized. I want to make sure we have an effective experience, since I am not aware of any other organized effort like this in Wichita in the past.