• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm going to open carry in FL this saturday

Mas49.56

imported post

I haven't open carried yet, so I'm going to this saturday. I usually CC everywhere, but reading (790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.) It seems I can OC going to, at, and coming home from my range.

"
(3) LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors' gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition."

And here is my shooting ranges rule on carry.

"As an exception to the rules listed under Range Commands above, handguns may be carried loaded as long as they are safely retained in a
holster and not handled anywhere behind the firing line. "

It looks like I'm good to go at my range, however when I go train in Crestview next month where I'm not a "regularly enrolled member" of that range, I think I have to CC on the way there and back.

I don't want to be Mr Test Case so no stops at Wal-Mart for ammo on the way.
:dude:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

"As an exception to the rules listed under Range Commands above, handguns
may be carried loaded as long as they are safely retained in a
holster and not handled anywhere behind the firing line. "

What sort of crazy person stands in front of the firing line. You always
are behind it shooting downrange. Guess it is how the anti's get rid of the pro gun people.:banghead:

Mas49.56

imported post

Real bad weather here last Saturday and couldn't go. I'm going to try again this Saturday.

Mas49.56

imported post

Well I was finally able to go shooting today OCing. I strapped on one of my Glock 23's in a Bladetech OC holster with two mag holders on the left of my belt. I was loading up the truck with my G21, AR15, SOCOM16, all the accompanying gear, ammo, target stands, etc... That's when I noticed it was the neighborhood yard sale day! :shock: My Neighbor had a ton of people in his driveway and I got a few glances as I loaded up the truck, but no one said anything. I had a great time shooting and got a chance to educate my brother and his friend about OC and this website. On the way home I stopped for gas at Citco, but I just did pay at the pump and didn't, go in. Man, OC was so much more comfortable than the IWB CC that I've been doing for decades. All in all it was a nice relaxing day with no issues.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Mas49.56 wrote:
Well I was finally able to go shooting today OCing. I strapped on one of my Glock 23's in a Bladetech OC holster with two mag holders on the left of my belt. I was loading up the truck with my G21, AR15, SOCOM16, all the accompanying gear, ammo, target stands, etc... That's when I noticed it was the neighborhood yard sale day! :shock: My Neighbor had a ton of people in his driveway and I got a few glances as I loaded up the truck, but no one said anything. I had a great time shooting and got a chance to educate my brother and his friend about OC and this website. On the way home I stopped for gas at Citco, but I just did pay at the pump and didn't, go in. Man, OC was so much more comfortable than the IWB CC that I've been doing for decades. All in all it was a nice relaxing day with no issues.
I lived in Pensacola a long time ago on Huckleberry Lane near Nine Mile and Pensacola Blvd. Later on I lived on a private drive off of Chemstrand Road South of Nine Mile. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to CC all day, or even part of a day,in that sauna bath of a city.

Mas49.56

imported post

LOL, yep the Glock gets pretty wet in the summer. August here feels like the yucatan jungle with all the humidity. :D

gavilan

imported post

Do you know when we open carry in the state of Florida or we are doing something about it.