Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: FS - Knife: Sog Twitch XL $45

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    sold

  2. #2
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post


    RCW 9.41.250Dangerous weapons — Penalty — Exemption for law enforcement officers.
    (1) Every person who:

    (a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement;

    (b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or

    (c) Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm,

    is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.






    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Poosharker wrote:
    RCW 9.41.250Dangerous weapons — Penalty — Exemption for law enforcement officers.
    (1) Every person who:

    (a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement;

    (b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or

    (c) Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm,

    is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.



    You missed part. These knives are not automatically released - you have to open them partially and they will continue after they are started.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  4. #4
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Wouldn't that be the same as pushing a button? Obviously the knife doesn't open by itself, it requires some action, which then gets auto-piloted with a spring.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Poosharker wrote:
    Wouldn't that be the same as pushing a button? Obviously the knife doesn't open by itself, it requires some action, which then gets auto-piloted with a spring.
    No, because the spring is incapable of automatically opening the knife without user action, it merely assists opening. Think about it this way: a knife that is spring loaded has a failure in the button or lock used to hold it closed. It open, automatically, with no action from the user. Thus, the knife is capable of automatically opening. In contrast, a spring-assist knife with a failed lock stays closed. It does not open until the user initiates the opening of the knife, as the spring is incapable of automatically opening the knife.

    One could think of automatic as having a strictly negative force curve across all ranges of open-closed, that is: force must be applied in order to cause the knife to stay in a closed sense. An assisted-opening knife is not automatic, as it remains closed regardless of the state of other parts of the knife (such as blade locks). The force curve, then, is positive from closed to some arbitrary point, at which point it becomes negative. That is, you must apply force to initiate the opening of the knife until you cross over the threshold where the spring assist takes over. The knife is thus incapable of automatically opening.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  6. #6
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    Poosharker wrote:
    RCW 9.41.250Dangerous weapons — Penalty — Exemption for law enforcement officers.
    (1) Every person who:

    (a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement;

    (b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or

    (c) Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm,

    is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.



    You missed part. These knives are not automatically released - you have to open them partially and they will continue after they are started.
    I wonder why they have spring in there twice?
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    and here i thought i had some people wanting to buy this off of me.

    keep it on topic.

  8. #8
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    kchau wrote:
    and here i thought i had some people wanting to buy this off of me.

    keep it on topic.
    This isn't an online store.

    Go to seattleguns.net and post it there, you will have many potential customers there.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  9. #9
    Regular Member knight_308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Renton, ,
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    Poosharker wrote:
    kchau wrote:
    and here i thought i had some people wanting to buy this off of me.

    keep it on topic.
    This isn't an online store.

    Go to seattleguns.net and post it there, you will have many potential customers there.
    That's kinda harsh.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    1) although this is, in fact, not an online store, I don't think there's anything wrong with a fellow OC'er wanting to sell something to another OC'er. In fact, I'd prefer buying something off of a fellow OCDO member.

    2) Spring-assisted opening knives are indeed LEGAL in the state of WA. Being a knife-collector before I bought my gun, I've frequented various knife stores and they always have a few spring-assisted knives on display. Dont think they'd do that if they were illegal.

    3) If no one takes it by the 30th, I'd like to make a offer for $40 + actual shipping

  11. #11
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Mech wrote:

    2) Spring-assisted opening knives are indeed LEGAL in the state of WA. Being a knife-collector before I bought my gun, I've frequented various knife stores and they always have a few spring-assisted knives on display. Dont think they'd do that if they were illegal.

    Mech, I had a balisong knife taken from me when I was younger by Seattle police, I had asked them about that also, and they told me stores got away with it by classifying it as merchandise or some crap. Even though balisong knives were indeed illegal in Seattle, you could still find them at stores.

    But then again, I could be wrong....


    Also to knight, I did not mean that in a harsh way, I apologize if it sounded like that... I was being truthful though, people go to seattleguns.net looking to buy stuff...there's a knife section and everything.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    Mech wrote

    3) If no one takes it by the 30th, I'd like to make a offer for $40 + actual shipping
    thats a sound offer.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    Ah yes, the Balisong knives...you won't see them in WA stores, but you do see them in Oregon stores. From what I remember, oddly enough, I seem to recall Balisong knives are categorized to be same as automatic knives (at least the regulations/treatments toward them are the same, ie. not allowed...). Don't know why though.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Mech wrote:
    1) although this is, in fact, not an online store, I don't think there's anything wrong with a fellow OC'er wanting to sell something to another OC'er. In fact, I'd prefer buying something off of a fellow OCDO member.

    2) Spring-assisted opening knives are indeed LEGAL in the state of WA. Being a knife-collector before I bought my gun, I've frequented various knife stores and they always have a few spring-assisted knives on display. Dont think they'd do that if they were illegal.

    3) If no one takes it by the 30th, I'd like to make a offer for $40 + actual shipping
    Mech, the stores break the law. THey have gravity opening butterfly knives on display and for sale. When I asked about it, they argued that "well, police have been in here before and never said anything."
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    174

    Post imported post

    I know of a smoke shop in Puyallup that sells switchblades. Real switchblades, not spring-assisted. Just not real quality switchblades... I guess they get away with it because few people care about it anymore, though that won't stop a cop from sticking it to you for having one.

    Switchblade legalization is on my to-do list.

  16. #16
    Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    592

    Post imported post

    I might be wrong, but I think most knife laws are about what you can carry, as opposed to what you can own, kinda like suppressors/"silencers". That's why I can go into any store and buy a blade longer than 3".

    I wonder why balisong/butterfly knives are in the same category as switchblade/stilettos and why s/s are illegal in the first place? Is it the supposed speed of opening it?

  17. #17
    Regular Member Mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    Glad the sale went through!
    (btw, it wasn't me, right?)

  18. #18
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Snip
    Mech wrote:
    Being a knife-collector before I bought my gun, I've frequented various knife stores and they always have a few spring-assisted knives on display. Dont think they'd do that if they were illegal.
    Maybe you can answer me a question. I believe I saw somewhere that the blade can be no longer than 3". Is that the entire blade, even if some is hidden or just what is exposed when open?
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  19. #19
    Regular Member Mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    Washington And

    http://knife-expert.com/wa.txt

    Information provided on the second link only states that Seattle Municipal Code defines the following:

    Code:
    "Dangerous knife" means any fixed-blade knife and any other knife
    having a blade more than three and one-half inches (3 1/2") in length.
    
    
    If I'm not wrong, I believe the length applies to the full length of the  blade when it's completely open. 
    Which, seems to work for most knives (lockback, BM's AXIS lock, etc.)  Unless you have an OTF knife and you're able to control how much of the  blade is deployed (no knives like that exist, to my knowledge), I think  we're just talking about the whole blade is open. 
    But then again, I don't usually carry my knives around. They tend to  stay at home while I'm showing off (jk) my SIG...

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    I might be wrong, but I think most knife laws are about what you can carry, as opposed to what you can own, kinda like suppressors/"silencers". That's why I can go into any store and buy a blade longer than 3".

    I wonder why balisong/butterfly knives are in the same category as switchblade/stilettos and why s/s are illegal in the first place? Is it the supposed speed of opening it?
    You're wrong.

    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.250

    (1) Every person who:

    (a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement;
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •