• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California fatal BART shooting officer looses job

Deanimator

imported post

If I had to bet money, I'd say that the two officers let go engaged in feats of "creative writing" in their official reports. When found out, that makes them "instant reasonable doubt, just add water".

I'll bet it's hard to be a cop if no prosecutor will EVER let you testify under oath. And no sane prosecutor would EVER put either of those cops on the stand if there's documented proof of falsification on their part. Any defense attorney would be salivating at the chance of getting either of them on the stand for cross.

Actions have consequences.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gosh. Kill someone for jollies, lose your job.

I mean, that's sooo harsh. The rest of us only get executed by the State for it... But getting fired, damn. That's just brutal. How will he ever live with himself; the rest of us get killed so we don't have to. The luxuries of being a common murderer instead of a uniformed one, those cops really have it tough.

[/sarcasm]

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Here's another story on it:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/BART-Officer-Fired-in-Connection-With-Grant-Killing-91870719.html

The really messed up part is this line: "Grant was allegedly shot by another former BART police officer, Johannes Mehserle."

How in the ****ing world can they say that Grant was "allegedly" shot by Mehserle, when there are over a dozen witnesses, AND a cellphone video showing officer Mehserle shooting Grant while he was laying down on the ground wearing handcuffs???? I have seen the video footage. "Allegedly"-NOTHING!!! There is absolutely NOTHING alleged about it!

The video in question is mentioned in the above article, but it doesn't mention that the shooting is captured in the video - only that "On cell phone video from that night you can see and hear Pirone shouting profanities at several people who were detained after being taken off the BARTtrain." WOW.... They left off the most important part!

Do a Youtube or Google search for "Largest Street Gang in America" - the cellphone video footage of the shooting is included in the documentary.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :cuss:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

ixtow wrote:

I mean, that's sooo harsh. The rest of us only get executed by the State for it... But getting fired, damn. That's just brutal. How will he ever live with himself; the rest of us get killed so we don't have to. The luxuries of being a common murderer instead of a uniformed one, those cops really have it tough.

[/sarcasm]
The CNN article in the OP is focusing on Officer Tony Pirone, who is NOT the officer who pulled the trigger. Pirone was just another one of the officers who was on the scene. The officer who pulled the trigger was Johannes Mehserle, who supposedly meant to pull his taser, but accidentally pulled his service pistol.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ruger wrote:
ixtow wrote:

[/sarcasm]
The CNN article in the OP is focusing on Officer Tony Pirone, who is NOT the officer who pulled the trigger. Pirone was just another one of the officers who was on the scene. The officer who pulled the trigger was Johannes Mehserle, who supposedly meant to pull his taser, but accidentally pulled his service pistol.
Oh, that's an even better story...

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just another example of the harsh truths of the blue line of defiance.
And people still wonder why cops are viewed with an us vs. them mentality.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Toad wrote:
Just another example of the harsh truths of the blue line of defiance.
And people still wonder why cops are viewed with an us vs. them mentality.
I think the us vs them attitude has more to do with the fact that they are taught that every day in their little academies. Oh, and that people with a freedom hating attitude are specifically sought out and encouraged in the recruiting process...

M

McX

imported post

the guys i knew who were sucks, hoods, and punks in high school grew up to be sucks, hoods, and punks............with badges.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the cart is in front of the horse.

There are douche bags in every society.

The root issue with the Police often being these, is the recruiting process. Those government entities who perform the recruiting and training process, select just that kind of person.

It's easier to sit behind a desk and have pawns who do your bidding naturally, without your encouragement.

It isn't that Cops are crap. There is nothing about being a Cop that makes a person good or bad. It's that those douche bags are singled out and given the job.

The dregs of society are hand-picked to do the job by Politicians who like not getting their hands dirty. They seek out the lowest of the low, and pin a badge on it.

I'm sure there are exceptions. And I'll be sure to point one out to prove I'm not a Cop Basher; if I ever find one. I don't exactly go out of my way to shake hands with them, so I won't be meeting very many. As such, the odds are pretty low it'll ever happen. I don't go around putting my hand on red hot stove burners with the hope that one of them is really just painted that color and not actually going to burn the crap out of me.

Deanimator

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Ruger wrote:
"Pirone's partner Domenici was fired last month. Her attorney told the Chronicle she lost her job because of the way she recounted what happened that night to investigators and in court testimony."

My suspicions confirmed...
It's the same thing that hooks 'the perps' they arrest; talking too much, and telling a different story.

eye95

imported post

Can those who charge that the police are deliberately recruiting bad people support those remarks? IMO, such broad, hateful statements should not be made unless they can be backed up.

My impression of LEOs is that they are generally more level-headed and civil than most folks you meet on the street.

Deanimator

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Can those who charge that the police are deliberately recruiting bad people support those remarks? IMO, such broad, hateful statements should not be made unless they can be backed up.

My impression of LEOs is that they are generally more level-headed and civil than most folks you meet on the street.
It may seem that way or even be that way in Alabama these days.

Try living in Chicago for a while.

Trying to kick a barmaid to death or sapping an old man who's handcuffed to a wheelchair and who was just stabbed, tend only to be considered "level-headed and civil" where Mullah Omar hangs out.

eye95

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Trying to kick a barmaid to death or sapping an old man who's handcuffed to a wheelchair and who was just stabbed, tend only to be considered "level-headed and civil" where Mullah Omar hangs out.
There are bad cops, just like there are bad civilians. Unfortunately, those are the only ones you see on TV.

Again, can anyone support the contentions the LEAs are deliberately recruiting bad folks?

Deanimator

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
eye95 wrote:

There are bad cops, just like there are bad civilians. Unfortunately, those are the only ones you see on TV.

Again, can anyone support the contentions the LEAs are deliberately recruiting bad folks?
Given the VERY public shows of support for both of the cops who committed the above described acts, they must tend to congregate in Chicago. If a "bad" cop saps an old man with a knife wound to the abdomen, are the cops who cheerlead him "good"?

There are bad cops... and apparently they have a lot of fans in their "community".

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eye95 wrote:
I went to the academy myself for 3 weeks. That's all I could take of the hatred for 'civilians.' Disgusting. they spent most of the time bitching about the Bill of Rights, and teaching things like how to spit in someone's face, so they'll raise their hands to wipe it away or block it, than you can beat the living crap out of them by claiming they were going to hit you.

I had a problem with that.

eye95

imported post

ixtow wrote:
eye95 wrote:
I went to the academy myself for 3 weeks. That's all I could take of the hatred for 'civilians.' Disgusting. they spent most of the time bitching about the Bill of Rights, and teaching things like how to spit in someone's face, so they'll raise their hands to wipe it away or block it, than you can beat the living crap out of them by claiming they were going to hit you.

I had a problem with that.
Again, can you provide support for your assertion that the police are deliberately recruiting bad people?

I didn't think so.

Moving on until such support is provided.