Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I AM WISCONSINCARRY

Post imported post

I was showing off one of my new t-shirts at work. I wore it to and from work, but not at work. IF I did, that may constitute sacrilege. I was proud of it. More so, I am proud to be an active member of WisconsinCarry Inc. Later, I was thinking about how I often refer to the organization as 'WE' not they, but WE. Then the Dave Westlake campaing slogan rolled into my head, and out came....

I AM WISCONSINCARRY!!!!!!

McX

Post imported post

As a Corporation, and as individuals, WE are WisconsinCarry.

Post imported post

everybody...

I AM WISCONSINCARRY!!!!!!

Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I am the legally armed citizen.

Is it not plainly obvious to even a casual observer that the NRA is no more than a union? And that your club is trying to be just like the NRA?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win.

Isn't that just a little hypocritical?

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    And that your club is trying to be just like the NRA?
    I threw out this analogy on another thread.

The NRA is a 800-pound gorilla. Other grass roots gun rights groups are 140-pound chimpanzees. If you do a little studying, you will find that chimps are not as majestic as a gorilla, but they are definitely more fierce fighters.

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    As a Corporation, and as individuals, WE are WisconsinCarry.

WE ARE WISCONSINCARRY!

Now, that does sound better.

Banned

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
    I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
    I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.
    The Obamanation rising makes me vomit.

Post imported post

I',m going climb aboard too

How many Doug Huffman's are there in here?

Banned

Post imported post

Every anonymous jerkoff is suspect, they may all be sockpuppets.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    A gun activist? Please share a list of your accomplishments.

<insert cricket chirps>

Also, list all the many ways Wisconsin Carry Inc is trying to be like the NRA.

<chirp... chirp...>

If anything, WCI is trying to be what the NRA has not been-- an effective force for gun rights in Wisconsin.

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

revolverrandy wrote:

Most days, 1 is too many but trolls are a dime a dozen!

Post imported post

revolverrandy wrote:

Even one is too many.

So this thread starts out as a positive thread on Wisconsin Carry and somehow Doug hijacks it into another one of his NRA bashing tirades.

Yes, that makes total sense, Dougie.

Back to Wisconsin Carry-When this started out I was not in favor of open carry as I had the opinion it would be counter productive. As I watched my friend, Hubert, along with others work at this I became convinced that this is the right way to go. That is why I joined a little over a month ago, attended the lunch at Fiesta Mexicana and met others who are part of this group. Even though I am a newbie, I am proud to be a member of this group.

McX

Post imported post

it's irritating, i plant seeds but i never get to see if they sprout.

Post imported post

professor gun wrote:
    revolverrandy wrote:

Even one is too many.

So this thread starts out as a positive thread on Wisconsin Carry and somehow Doug hijacks it into another one of his NRA bashing tirades.

Yes, that makes total sense, Dougie.

Back to Wisconsin Carry-When this started out I was not in favor of open carry as I had the opinion it would be counter productive. As I watched my friend, Hubert, along with others work at this I became convinced that this is the right way to go. That is why I joined a little over a month ago, attended the lunch at Fiesta Mexicana and met others who are part of this group. Even though I am a newbie, I am proud to be a member of this group.
    You we not in favor of open carry? Thought it would be counter productive?

I have been open carrying for many years, I had police daring me to open carry in their jurisdiction, people telling me it would be counter productive, all the scare tactics, and often from people in so called civil or gun rights groups.

Many people were willing or even wanting to trade our right to open carry for a privilege to CCW, we need to fight against any group pushing for that. Wisconsin Carry is a newer group so I dont know alot about them, they could be jumping on the bandwagon to make money (many will) or what they say could be very honest and they are just what we need. I really dont know, only time will tell.

As for the NRA, yes they have done some good things, they wouldnt exist if they didnt do something good.

And yes we reap the benefits when any decent laws are put in motion, but we also have to suffer from bad ones. Like enduring an "assault weapon ban" for many years, and having to deal with police using scare tactics to discourage open carry in Wisconsin for many years.

Banned

Post imported post

minuteman wrote:
    Many people were willing or even wanting to trade our right to open carry for a privilege to CCW, we need to fight against any group pushing for that. Wisconsin Carry is a newer group so I dont know alot about them, they could be jumping on the bandwagon to make money (many will) or what they say could be very honest and they are just what we need. I really dont know, only time will tell.
    Its hard to know who is who on this board. This sounds a bit like something Brad Krause or Qball would say.

I mistrust anyone I don't know in person with only a handful of posts. Well actually I mistrust some guys with 100's of posts like Masterbator Doug, so basically I mistrust anyone I've not met and seems full of siht.

Anyway, I am Spartacus!!! I mean WI CARRY!!!

Post imported post

I am simply saying that Wisconsin Carry is a newer group and I do not know alot about them aside from what I have read here. They sound exactly like what we need, a group that is for open carry and CCW both. We need to be wary of groups that exist to push training for CCW, and those that would trade open carry for it.

I dont understand the comparison to the NRA, but I do understand when a member of this group says they were of the type against open carry in the past and with this groups help they are now all for it. Thats a damn good thing..

We do need groups to fight for our rights, they do need lawyers and a team of people to fight that battle. The anti-gun people sure have them. That means they need funding, I guess that makes every group just like the NRA to some.

Post imported post

Yes, minuteman, in the past I believed open carry would be counter productive. As I saw how Wisconsin Carry and its members were operating I became convinced that I was wrong and this was the way to go.

You have never changed your mind about some issue?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

I am the legally armed citizen.

Is it not plainly obvious to even a casual observer that the NRA is no more than a union?* And that your club is trying to be just like the NRA?
    Wisconsin Carry is a non-profit Wisconsin Corporation not a "club". Anyone with access or proficiency in searching public records databases could confirm.

Anyone with a penchant for accuracy wouldn't misrepresent our legal status.

If anyone has a philosophical or practical issue with Wisconsin Carry's mission, method, or principles, (or execution there-of) I would welcome them to share their criticism or suggestions publicly or privately.

We will be a better organization with input from members AND non-members alike... but snarky comments do not provide anything productive or actionable. (Though they do offer gratuitous internet-forum self-gratification for the poster himself/herself.)
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

minuteman wrote:
    I am simply saying that Wisconsin Carry is a newer group and I do not know alot about them aside from what I have read here. They sound exactly like what we need, a group that is for open carry and CCW both. We need to be wary of groups that exist to push training for CCW, and those that would trade open carry for it.

I dont understand the comparison to the NRA, but I do understand when a member of this group says they were of the type against open carry in the past and with this groups help they are now all for it. Thats a damn good thing..

We do need groups to fight for our rights, they do need lawyers and a team of people to fight that battle. The anti-gun people sure have them. That means they need funding, I guess that makes every group just like the NRA to some.
    Thank-you for sharing your perspective on the organization.

Though we haven't earned your membership yet, I'm confident we share your values.

The goal of Wisconsin Carry was to demonstrate action first before we began to ask for financial resources to support those actions.

We saw many groups in Wisconsin that asked for money first on a promise of action later. We thought people expected more. We also worried that the motivation could become income, not principle. If a person's source of income was based on "demand" from gun-rights persons, we felt their vested interest was in continuity of the struggle, not achieving results. For that reason everyone who participate s in Wisconsin Carry is 100% volunteer. No one gets paid for their time.

We also thought it was important to establish a network of individuals who shared a common interest who could be mobilized to various actionable items. Those who were willing to do more than cheer from the sidelines while others did the work but make (at a minimum) a token demonstration of support. Creating a membership option for nothing more than the cost of a case of beer ($15) we felt would allow us to identify those individuals who were willing to step off the sidelines and participate. While weeding out those that don't support a cause enough to actually "do" something for it. Ironically, there are many people who've we've acted on behalf of that were not members when we took up their specific issue.

We hope to be the best stewards of the membership fee's we collect. In the end, our members will be the judge of that.

I would never ask anyone to join who didn't yet believe that we would be good stewards of the cause and true to the principles we state in our mission. But I would ask that you keep us on your radar screen because I'm confident we will surpass your expectations and when we do, we DO need your support to build a network of freedom-minded people IN Wisconsin who we know will act and fight for freedom with us.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

We will be a better organization with input from members AND non-members alike... but snarky comments do not provide anything productive or actionable. (Though they do offer gratuitous internet-forum self-gratification for the poster himself/herself.)[/quote]

+1
    Well stated.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

How fitting that your 9,000th post (between the Doug Huffman and Master Doug Huffman accounts) would be a reply from Doug Huffman TO Master Doug Huffman!!!

Dougs is now the Numero Uno OCDO poster of all time! More than Citizen, more than LEO 229, more than Grapeshot.....

Keep up the pace, Dougs. You know youse can do it.

And onward...ever onward toward toward the previously unthinkable........10,000 Posts!!!!

Banned

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

How fitting that your 9,000th post (between the Doug Huffman and Master Doug Huffman accounts) would be a reply from Doug Huffman TO Master Doug Huffman!!!

Dougs is now the Numero Uno OCDO poster of all time! More than Citizen, more than LEO 229, more than Grapeshot.....

And onward...ever onward toward toward the previously unthinkable........10,000 Posts!!!!

Hank welcome to Wisconsin. You speak for all of us the picture of ODCO.

Banned

Post imported post

CarryOK wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

Hank welcome to Wisconsin. You speak for all of us the picture of ODCO.
    Yeah, speak for yourself. When have to choose who would be the bigger troll, Hank would win hands down. Hence the name Hank T or Hank Troll.

I would trust the information I recieved from Doug long before I would trust anything from Hank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast